Ratings for Dr. M. J. Hendel

I'm not sure what everyone's problem is with Dr. Hendel. I saw her this morning and she was awesome. She came to get me herself (right on time!) as the receptionist was busy. She was quick, efficient, very detailed and perfectly pleasant. Knowing my history of miscarriage, she went first thing to the heartbeat in order to calm my nerves. As I was leaving, she wished me well and told me she would see me later on in my pregnancy when she could show me more! I'm looking forward to seeing her again!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Worse tech ever. Very rude, no communication, is in her own world .Won't answer any of our questions . We are not going there again .

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

She answered her phone during my ultrasound. Have been referred to her more than once and didn't feel respected or heard. She seemed angry with me for questioning her. I could go on but I won't.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

This is the best doctor i have ever seen.She was very welcoming,polite and very professional.I would go to her and recommend her to anyone anytime.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr. Hendel was great! She answered my many questions with a smile on her face. I will definitely go back to her.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I had a totally positive experience. She was professional and serious, but not at all rude. She asked appropriate questions and was very sweet with my 2-year-old daughter who accompanied me into the ultrasound room, even giving her a lollipop afterwards. Not sure what set others off about her, but I thought she was great.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

This woman has a complex. I've seen her about 4 times and EVERY time, regardless of our conversation, she's HAD to tell me "I'm a doctor. I went to school and studied very hard for this. I KNOW how to do my job." ..Sheesh, ok lady, cool it. I just asked what we were looking at. She's probably been mistaken for a 'tech' and it's bruised her precious ego. The main problem is that she is the most volatile and flippant "professional" I've ever seen. She talks to her patients like we are the most inept, stupid people on earth. She actually told me that if I wanted a trans-vaginal ultrasound to check a cyst, it would be DANGEROUS & would give me "an extra dose of..." (trailed off short of saying radiation). The OBGYN basically told me she was full of it when I asked what that was all about. Hendel is just on a power trip and is clearly miserable. Request ANYONE BUT HER if you go. Seriously, a homeless guy with a magnifying glass would be better - at least he probably won't make you cry.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Was extremely rude, unhelpful and abrupt. Any question my husband or I asked was notibly putting her out somehow. Took no time or effort to engage in the experience we were hoping for. After reading all the other comments, I agree with every single one, incl the "too early to tell". We filed a complaint with my family physician. DO NOT SEE HER IF POSSIBLE she makes what should be a joyful, happy experience a dreadful one!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011

THE worst doctor I had ever seen. I would rate her at a negative if I could. If you have an appt scheduled-RESCHEDULE with someone else. I will never see her again. Rude, didn't answer ANY of my questions on if everything was measuring well. Also said we were measuring a week and a half ahead and said I must be wrong with my dates even though the 2 previous u/s had been measuring right on and I had been charting. No other explanation. My OB also said we could find out the sex if we wanted (we did) all we would do is have to ask the tech. At 19W4D she said it was too early to tell and didn't even try. She went nowhere near that area to even try. If you are hoping to find out the sex from her, she won't tell you. Seriously, reschedule your appt with another doctor even if it's a week later. You don't want to leave the clinic bawling like I did.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Dr. Hendel is the worst doctor I have ever come into contact with. She is miserable, disinterested in helping, and completely without compassion. My husband and I lost a baby we desperately wanted but had to see Dr. Hendel for a follow-up ultrasound to determine the cause of my bleeding and clotting. We left her office with more questions than we went in with - and not for a lack of asking. Her responses to us ranged from "Well, nothing's perfect, is it?" to "I dunno" (when I asked whether I should worry about infection). AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ANY AND ALL COST.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009