Ratings for Dr. Mark Johnston

Dr Johnston could have knocked me over with a feather with his diagnosis. But he was right. The combination of medicine and counseling has saved my life literally. He and his staff are very caring and professional.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

My experiences with Dr Johnston have been very positive. When I started seeing him I was lost in beauracracy. His staff were incredibly resourceful and helpful and today my life is better as a result. He does rely heavily on his staff but they are awesome. I don't always agree with what he says either and he can be very direct. What some see as arrogance I see as confidence . I think some of the negative comments I've read here are inherent in what Dr Johnson treats.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I have read the reviews and all I can say is opinions may vary from person to person depending on individual circumstances. Dr J is honest, sincere and to the point. He is quick witted and quirky. This can be interpreted as impersonal, pompous and brash for those that don't like what he has to say. He holds nothing back and it may seem insensitive sometimes...again personal opinions will vary. Unfortunately if his demeanor bothers you it is most likely due to the fact that the truth hurts sometimes. Most individuals do not want to hear anyone with a difference of opinion especially a medical professional. His intelligence and mannerisms may come off as arrogant which may be hard to take and may grind your gears if you are not in agreement with his advice. A feeling out process must occur, it may take a few visits to build a rapport with him and trust takes time. He is kind, compassionate and worth the wait. He has been excellent with me; we have an honest relationship with friendly banter back and forth. I appreciate that and it helps to put me at ease. He has been instrumental in my road to recovery. I am not sure what else to say about him other than I highly recommend him and if you are honest with yourself you will also be on the road to recovery. Healing has no time frame and is based on each individual experiences.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Helped me more then he knows when I was in school. Believe he is a saving grace but can he assess my current mood? RewB

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Him and his staff are very professional and compassionate. They saved me... thank you.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Was referred to him for adhd - the QUACK did not even know that there were support groups and information available for adults and their spouses about adult adhd. If he was really knowledgeable in the subject he would have known about this and just what is available to us. What a waste of my time and the taxpayers money. DO NOT GO SEE HIM - take time and find a real doctor who will help you.

Submitted October 13, 2015

This "doctor" was beyond full of himself. He has a little girl taking your medical history then spends the next 15 minutes talking about himsel. He's brash loud and seems more interested in making money through his memory clinic and research studies than real people with PTSD AND DEPRESSION. he gave me no support, no help and showed zilch interest...avoid avoid avoid

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Dr Johnston has been seeing my teenage daughter for depression and anxiety and has offered us his constant support and attention. He is approachable, professional and knowledgeable and I would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014

It was difficult to get an appointment after being referred. I did have to wait and he was late seeing me, but this is typical when it comes to doctors and it isn't out of the ordinary. Dr. Johnston was very personable and clear when I met him. I am happy with the treatment he gave me for mood disorder, and it did help. I can see why people think he is arrogant and pompous, but nothing he said to me came across as inappropriate. Did allow for me to elaborate on things from my screening. It was a quick visit but I felt as if everything was addressed. Psychiatrists do not do counseling in NS, so do not expect that. They are medical specialists, not counselors. Looking at my mood disorder medically, everything Dr. Johnston did was great... except it took his staff offensively long to book my appointment. That is their fault though and not a reflection on him as a DR.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Dr. Johnstone is a life saver. Never gave up on me. Has consistently been my best care provider.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013