Ratings for Dr. Mark Johnston

A lot of people don’t want to hear what it takes to get better. But Dr Johnston will tell you regardless, because sugar coating it and telling you medication is the only answer is not his style. Surprised at the negative reviews here.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

whoever said this comment below, WAS RIGHT ON!!!!! NO HELP! "This "doctor" was beyond full of himself. He has a little girl taking your medical history then spends the next 15 minutes talking about himsel. He's brash loud and seems more interested in making money through his memory clinic and research studies than real people with PTSD AND DEPRESSION. he gave me no support, no help and showed zilch interest...avoid avoid avoid"

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Spoke about an elderly patient so loudly to her family that I could easily hear in the waiting room. The thing is this patient was in the waiting room with me, and when the patient tried to vocalize her concerns he ignored his patient. My appointment went no better, he didn't listen to what I was trying to explain to him, just told me how much education he had and how great he was, what was wrong with me, from glancing at my file (because he was late) and pushed medication on me that made me sicker.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr Johnston could have knocked me over with a feather with his diagnosis. But he was right. The combination of medicine and counseling has saved my life literally. He and his staff are very caring and professional.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

My experiences with Dr Johnston have been very positive. When I started seeing him I was lost in beauracracy. His staff were incredibly resourceful and helpful and today my life is better as a result. He does rely heavily on his staff but they are awesome. I don't always agree with what he says either and he can be very direct. What some see as arrogance I see as confidence . I think some of the negative comments I've read here are inherent in what Dr Johnson treats.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

I have read the reviews and all I can say is opinions may vary from person to person depending on individual circumstances. Dr J is honest, sincere and to the point. He is quick witted and quirky. This can be interpreted as impersonal, pompous and brash for those that don't like what he has to say. He holds nothing back and it may seem insensitive sometimes...again personal opinions will vary. Unfortunately if his demeanor bothers you it is most likely due to the fact that the truth hurts sometimes. Most individuals do not want to hear anyone with a difference of opinion especially a medical professional. His intelligence and mannerisms may come off as arrogant which may be hard to take and may grind your gears if you are not in agreement with his advice. A feeling out process must occur, it may take a few visits to build a rapport with him and trust takes time. He is kind, compassionate and worth the wait. He has been excellent with me; we have an honest relationship with friendly banter back and forth. I appreciate that and it helps to put me at ease. He has been instrumental in my road to recovery. I am not sure what else to say about him other than I highly recommend him and if you are honest with yourself you will also be on the road to recovery. Healing has no time frame and is based on each individual experiences.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Helped me more then he knows when I was in school. Believe he is a saving grace but can he assess my current mood? RewB

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Him and his staff are very professional and compassionate. They saved me... thank you.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Was referred to him for adhd - the QUACK did not even know that there were support groups and information available for adults and their spouses about adult adhd. If he was really knowledgeable in the subject he would have known about this and just what is available to us. What a waste of my time and the taxpayers money. DO NOT GO SEE HIM - take time and find a real doctor who will help you.

Submitted October 13, 2015