You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Somerville

Dr. Sommerville is absolutely amazing. He did my C-section and provided excellent care afterwards. He was very kind and patient. I'm so happy to have had him deliver my baby.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this man. He genuinely cares about his patients, asks questions and addresses any questions or concerns, no matter how small they were. I went way past my due date and ended up being induced when he was on call. He came to check on us frequently and in the end I ended up needing a c section. My hubby and I both nervous, he tried to ease us and made a scary experience a beautiful one. He also came to visit daily and posed for pictures. I was truly sad when I no longer was able to go see him. I will happily have more children for him to be my doctor. If you can get in with him, you are so lucky! Bring a book though, waits can be long.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

Dr. Somerville delivered my baby and he was an amazing Doctor. He explained how the process was going to happen (C-section) and he was very patient with my Husband and I. He is a great Doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Very knowledgeable and very professional! Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Somerville a few times, all of which were from ladies who had dealt with him while they were pregnant; needless to say, anyone who is having a baby or wants to have a baby, Dr. Somerville sounds like the man to go to. However, the problems I had (and still have) happening had nothing to do with pregnancy or babies. I am a young woman in my twenties, having a few issues. As for examination he was very understanding and caring. He seems like a very heart felt sensitive guy and he is very nice. I feel like maybe I just caught him on a bad day, but I havnt been able to go back since because I felt that all my trust and confinement in him had dissappeared. Basically on my first few visits, he told me what was wrong, and pretty much just told me to look it up on Google to understand it. So, I did, and I get it all. But what I wanted was a solution. When he told me my diagnosis he almost looked like he felt sorry for me, and made me feel that there was nothing he could do. (Based on my research, there is.) I went back again for a PAP. I was scheduled and everything was fine but when I got there and told him why I was there, he seemed to get angry. With me and with his receptionist, who is so sweet. He just seemed annoyed and told me he doesnt do "Women's Wellness". I wasn't aware of that and he made me feel sort of unintelligent.....like I was supposed to know these things. He ended up just 'tsk'ing' and basically said "well you're here so we might as well do this." I stopped feeling like a woman in his office and ended up feeling like a problem. Ever since then, I couldn't go back. I understand he's a very busy guy with what he does but he made me completely lose my faith. So, for the young girls, I would think twice before going to see Dr. Somerville, unless youre dealing with pregnancy.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I have just had a bladder prolapse by Dr. Somerville and cannot praise him highly enough.In all my pre and post-op meetings with him he has been highly professional,caring and always put me at ease.The operation was a complete success and the improvement I feel is just amazing. My only criticism-and I want to stress that this is NOT the fault of any of the medical professionals involved in my treatmen-is the considerabl length of time I have had to wait before having the surgery-fourteen months!! .This is not unusual and I think most people have experienced the same lengthy waiting times for surgery generally. That said,I can only reiterate the excellent treatment I have had from Dr.Somerville and the rest of the staff at Nanaimo General Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Somerville is outstanding in every way. Please then be kind about punctuality. He will be there for you and your baby, but if he can't make it to the office on time it is for the sake of another's baby, so be pleasant knowing when your time comes he is hands down the most knowledgeable, helpful and kindest Doctor any of us could ever hope for. He has been there for me with cervical precancerous conditions twice and saved my cervix so that I would go on to have two babies. The first delivered by his partner, Dr. Hunt and the second by Dr. Somerville. Both babies were saved. The first was APGAR 1 at birth so Dr. Jane Pegg also gets full marks for staying three hours after a 12 hour shift and getting my son up to APGAR 8 within ten minutes of birth and the second son Dr. Somerville delivered in extreme stress conditions when he was still in the womb and we were losing his heart rate. Double forcep delivery and no mommy damage. Thanks again Doctor Somerville. A year or so later he did a scar free tubal on me. I trust him with my life and the lives of my boys. A truly great man. His wife is a doctor too, so caring for people is a family focus.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Best and most helpful doctor around

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Doctor Somerville is AMAZING! Hands down the best Doctor I've ever had! Dr. Somerville delivered my 2nd and 3rd babies, the 1st was delivered by a doctor in Calgary and looked like they had done my C-section with a dull butter knife, I had no idea how badly I was put back together after my 1st baby until after doctor Somerville delivered my 2nd baby and took the time to repair as much damage as possible. I felt like a million dollars hours after the C-section! compared to a more then 3 month recovery from the 1st. After Dr Somerville delivered my 3rd I look and feel better then ever!! My stomach looks like a stomach again and not a bulky sweater, THANK YOU DOCTOR SOMERVILLE! <3 :D Your the bestest!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

I am also a nurse, and when I asked around to my nursing colleagues and physician colleagues as to who was the most respected and best OBGYN in Nanaimo, I received an overwhelming recommendation for Dr. Somerville. My experience with him has been fantastic. He takes his time in office, and never rushes through appointments regardless as to how busy he is. He's thorough, smart and has a great bed side manner. He always starts out every appointment with "do you have any questions" and genuinely wants to take the time to answer any and all. Sometimes he runs behind in appointments, but I attribute this to the individualized, non rushed care that he provides. I'll take a 30 minute wait with a thorough appointment over a rushed and uninterested doctor any day. Now, I like my colleagues would highly recommend Dr. Somerville.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2014

Dr. Sommerville is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of using!! He helped me through 3 pregnancies and 3 deliveries, all had different challenges and I always felt like I was in good hands. I appreciated his mellow manner, it kept the tough situations calm and secure. Highly recommend!!!! If baby #4 comes along he will be my 1st choice, hands down!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2012

Dr. Jeffrey Somerville's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Sommerville is absolutely amazing. He did my C-section and provided excellent care afterwards. He was very kind and patient. I'm so happy to have had him ..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say enough wonderful things about this man. He genuinely cares about his patients, asks questions and addresses any questions or concerns, no matter ho..."

January 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Somerville delivered my baby and he was an amazing Doctor. He explained how the process was going to happen (C-section) and he was very patient with my Husb..."

November 18, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 2B5". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 1165 Dufferin Cres". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12507539396".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Somerville a few times, all of which were from ladies who had dealt with him while they were pregnant; needless to say, anyone who is havi..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have just had a bladder prolapse by Dr. Somerville and cannot praise him highly enough.In all my pre and post-op meetings with him he has been highly professi..."

February 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Somerville is outstanding in every way. Please then be kind about punctuality. He will be there for you and your baby, but if he can't make it to the offi..."

October 8, 2014