Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Somerville

Dr Sommerville is an amazing OB. Yes you have to wait for him, but you're waiting for an extremely knowledgable and helpful Dr, so he's worth the wait. I had a very difficult delivery with a very severe tear and he stitched it up beautifully and was very thorough and helpful during and after my baby. He's also extremely friendly and funny if you get a chance to chat with him.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Arrogant and rude While waiting to see him overheard very unprofessional conduct with assistant

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr. Somerville's professionalism and bedside manner are both impeccable. I will and have recommended him and his MOA Colleen as often as possible.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

He loudly berated his very nice secretary in front of patients and acted like a bully. I found him rude and unprofessional

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

He is really good to all patients´╝îvery respect on all

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Sommerville is absolutely amazing. He did my C-section and provided excellent care afterwards. He was very kind and patient. I'm so happy to have had him deliver my baby.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this man. He genuinely cares about his patients, asks questions and addresses any questions or concerns, no matter how small they were. I went way past my due date and ended up being induced when he was on call. He came to check on us frequently and in the end I ended up needing a c section. My hubby and I both nervous, he tried to ease us and made a scary experience a beautiful one. He also came to visit daily and posed for pictures. I was truly sad when I no longer was able to go see him. I will happily have more children for him to be my doctor. If you can get in with him, you are so lucky! Bring a book though, waits can be long.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

Dr. Somerville delivered my baby and he was an amazing Doctor. He explained how the process was going to happen (C-section) and he was very patient with my Husband and I. He is a great Doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Very knowledgeable and very professional! Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Somerville a few times, all of which were from ladies who had dealt with him while they were pregnant; needless to say, anyone who is having a baby or wants to have a baby, Dr. Somerville sounds like the man to go to. However, the problems I had (and still have) happening had nothing to do with pregnancy or babies. I am a young woman in my twenties, having a few issues. As for examination he was very understanding and caring. He seems like a very heart felt sensitive guy and he is very nice. I feel like maybe I just caught him on a bad day, but I havnt been able to go back since because I felt that all my trust and confinement in him had dissappeared. Basically on my first few visits, he told me what was wrong, and pretty much just told me to look it up on Google to understand it. So, I did, and I get it all. But what I wanted was a solution. When he told me my diagnosis he almost looked like he felt sorry for me, and made me feel that there was nothing he could do. (Based on my research, there is.) I went back again for a PAP. I was scheduled and everything was fine but when I got there and told him why I was there, he seemed to get angry. With me and with his receptionist, who is so sweet. He just seemed annoyed and told me he doesnt do "Women's Wellness". I wasn't aware of that and he made me feel sort of unintelligent.....like I was supposed to know these things. He ended up just 'tsk'ing' and basically said "well you're here so we might as well do this." I stopped feeling like a woman in his office and ended up feeling like a problem. Ever since then, I couldn't go back. I understand he's a very busy guy with what he does but he made me completely lose my faith. So, for the young girls, I would think twice before going to see Dr. Somerville, unless youre dealing with pregnancy.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I have just had a bladder prolapse by Dr. Somerville and cannot praise him highly enough.In all my pre and post-op meetings with him he has been highly professional,caring and always put me at ease.The operation was a complete success and the improvement I feel is just amazing. My only criticism-and I want to stress that this is NOT the fault of any of the medical professionals involved in my treatmen-is the considerabl length of time I have had to wait before having the surgery-fourteen months!! .This is not unusual and I think most people have experienced the same lengthy waiting times for surgery generally. That said,I can only reiterate the excellent treatment I have had from Dr.Somerville and the rest of the staff at Nanaimo General Hospital.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015