You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John (Jack) L. Remus

He works for insurance companies, and tells them to get an assessment for their patients at what he feels is the "only possible place" in town to get a good assessment, Victoriaville, which he owns. Doesn't this cause alarm bells of conflict of interest? There are a lot of good physiotherapists in town, and likely there are at Victoriaville too. So, he just gets paid a share again for referring you to his own shop. If he wants you to go to Victoriaville, you have an absolute right to request somewhere else.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

When I was doing time in Thunder bay correctional facility, I had slipped and snapped my l/ankle. I went into see Dr. Remus for what I thought was a broken ankle. He checked by look and feel and said it was only sprained. He ordered the crutches be taken away and to walk on it. I could not walk on it for it being to painful. I put request after request in to see him and was denied. When I did get out soon after, I flew home to St. Catharines and went to Hotel due for an x-ray. Sure enough it was broken. I tried to sue Remus but ran out of funds. MY name is David Collar and can be reached at 905 227 9199 or e-mail @davecollar53@gmail.com.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Stay away - unless you want a percocet addiction.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

This Doctor, should be Sued, Disbanded, and Jailed. The man is the worst thing to happen to Thunder Bay and medicine. He is not allowed to perform procedures at our hospital because of his incompetence. Don't go near this thing. He told a patient not to claim WSIB because they have no money left. And to get a crossing guard job.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Have no issues with Dr Remus at all, not even waiting sometimes for hours, however, that one receptionist needs to learn people skills, I don't care how busy you are, there is no reason to constantly be so rude in person and on the phone.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

How can this dr work for Bombardier and then WSIB? I am confused...seems like a conflict of interest to me. I was sent back with major problems and now and sick with a disability thanks Dr for your concern..hope you enjoy your bonuses

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I had Dr. Remus send I was 10 years old I still have for my doctor he been helping me with my right wrist & right knee and my left ankle

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

I've seen Jack for over thirty years, though he is busy and usually hours behind on his appointments,he is diligent and has no problem ordering up tests that other doctors would think frivolous or a waste of time. He listens well which is something that is missed in the training of new doctors.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Dr. John (Jack) L. Remus's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "He works for insurance companies, and tells them to get an assessment for their patients at what he feels is the "only possible place" in town to get a good ass..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He is a terrible doctor who looks out for savibg insurance companies and does not care about a persons health or well being. "

August 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Everyone who has an issue with this incompetent old man, needs to report him to his governing body - college of physicians and surgeons prompt!! "

August 21, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. " When I was doing time in Thunder bay correctional facility, I had slipped and snapped my l/ankle..."

June 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Stay away - unless you want a percocet addiction. "

May 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor, should be Sued, Disbanded, and Jailed. The man is the worst thing to happen to Thunder Bay and medicine. He is not allowed to perform procedures at..."

October 28, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Have no issues with Dr Remus at all, not even waiting sometimes for hours, however, that one receptionist needs to learn people skills, I don't care how busy yo..."

October 14, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "How can this dr work for Bombardier and then WSIB? I am confused...seems like a conflict of interest to me. I was sent back with major problems and now and sick..."

October 1, 2014
  • 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

September 28, 2013
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

June 15, 2013
  • First Name changed from "John (Jack)" to "John (Jack) L."

June 30, 2012