Ratings for Dr. John A. Rog

I've been going to Dr. Rog for over 10 years. I have never once seen him exhibit any anger toward anyone. So the reviews where he's throwing things? I think not. He's a very even keel type of guy. He's a no-nonsense, let's get to what is bothering you type of doctor. He can always see me w/in a day or two of calling his office. And he has always been able to prescribe what my body needs to heal. I recently had my husband go to him and my husband hates all doctors. He was very impressed by Dr. Rog. He took the time with my husband and explained what was wrong (gout) and how it had come about. I warned my husband that Dr. Rog was not Mr. Personality but he's a good doctor. When my husband came out and I asked "Well? What did you think of him?" he said that he's the first doctor that he actually likes. His staff isn't great, though. He may have changed assistants (hope so) as the last time I called, I actually got a call back. I think he had a male assistant for awhile who just wouldn't return phone calls.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

I have been visiting Dr. Rog for over 10 years and have come to learn that what he lacks in personality he makes up for in promptness, fairness, and honesty. I don't need a buddy; I need a doctor. However, if you need your doctor to be friendly, you will probably be disappointed. That said, after all this time, he always remembers everything about me and his personality has even made an appearance. He works great for me. His staff on the other hand, not so much. They even got my file records mixed up with someone that had the same name. That's what birthday verification is for.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Been a patient for 10 years or more. Don't expect your hand to be held with Dr. Rog, BUT he doesn't waste your time, answers questions professionally and feel he is doing his best. You have to speak up as he's not a mind reader.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Dr. John Rog is the rudest, coldest person in the world. No manners at all. I never go to the doctor and only take vitamins. I broke down and went, everyone was saying I needed to see a doctor. All my teacher friends have been sick this week, gone to the doctor and got a prescription. He didn't even look in my throat or nose he did not want to write me a prescription and when he did he told me "You won.. I only went to medical school!" When a person is sick they want to leave their doctors office at least feeling a little better that someone took the time to care/treat them, not with Dr. Rog.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Will charge you for everything possible. they find away to take your money!!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Only good thing he does is no wait time. My wife has left his office crying because of the way he talks to her. Today he told me to go to h@ll just because I asked him why he is so aggravated with me. All I was doing was asking him questions about why I have headaches for three weeks everyday. He said its stress. I have been stressed before and have never had headaches. I believe he cares about only rushing people in to collect their money. I will 100% NOT go to this so called doctor again!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I used to be a first generation patient of Dr Rog since he first became a doctor at 17,in Capricorn till one day years later with a severe upper respiratory infection brought on by allergies and because I had been to him so many times for the same thing he became very angry and literally threw my medical chart and folder across the examination room in front of my wife and I and told me to not see him again and to move out of the state of Florida. Never been back since. I even have been to the allergist he recommends along with the visits to Rog. He is very temperate and not what he used to be. STAY AWAY FROM HIM. --David B. St. Former Patient of Dr. John Rog at Valrico Medical. Center in Valrico Florida.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

I've been going to Dr Rog for about 10 years now. He's a very nice guy, always on time for his appointments and you can always get in the next day if urgent. On the other hand, he's not, in my opinion wanting or really caring to be a doctor. I've been having all sorts of medical issues lately. Dr. Rog is always that's pretty much normal it's hereditary. I'm sorry but after my extreme diet, Dr Rog putting me on two separate pills it's now normal. The problem was with my heart. Dr Rog, one time about 3 years ago gave me a EKG. The nurse the last two times asked if I needed to do the EKG for my physical and he said no I was too young. Here I am now seeing a real doctor, the EKG detected problems with my heart and now I'm having all sorts of additional issues. Because of my family history which Dr Rog knew about and yet ignored, I had to have multiple tests done in the past few weeks. So much of my current issues could have been avoided if Dr Rog truly either was knowledgeable or cared. Read reviews on other Doctors, if they just want to pass you along you need to move along. They will still be okay there are always new patients. But OUR own personal health is what really matters to us.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Rog is terrific. Unfortunately, when you call him for a problem, you have to speak to an assistant with no medical education and she makes the decision. Never seen such incompetence.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Dr. Rog is a great doctor. I've been a patient for several years and he always remembers our past conversations...stuff that doesn't make the chart. I'm not looking for a BFF in my doctor but that he can remember those details is amazing. That he candidly talks to me about my health and my destructive habits that hurt my health...is what I expect from my doctor...and from him I get the advice I need. I did ding his staff 1 star as while they are always polite and helpful, my prescription refills always need a reminder call or two before they reach the pharmacy.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

Dr. John A. Rog's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1995)

Ameritas