Ratings for Dr. John Douglas Van Arsdale

Van Arsdale was the WORST most unprofessional doctor I have come across! This extremely arrogant and popmus person put my wife in extreme danger by his lack of attention and detail! My wife had to self diagnose herself with retained placenta after many post pregnancy trips to his office and complaining about pain for 7 weeks. It has taken her two different surgeries and many months undo most of the damage he could and should have prevented! If it wasn't for my wife's diligence who knows where we would be today!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I have three healthy children thanks to Dr. Van Arsdale! My first pregnancy was not complicated but the last two can only be described as life changing. Complications with the last two involved providers outside of NMH all of whom had nothing but the very best to say about Dr. Van Arsdale. My last two pregnancies were healthy baby girls but had either one of them been a boy we would have named them after Dr. Van Arsdale. If you are looking for a best friend look elsewhere but he I could always trust him and in tough times he has a shoulder to cry on.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

Dr. Van Arsdale is the best doctor I've ever had. He was very caring through my miscarriage, and took such good care of me when I had my little boy. He made sure that my baby was born safe and healthy, and he was extremely responsive to any concerns that I had. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2012

Very thorough and helpful with older mothers. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr Van Arsdale since 1984. He is absolutely the best! He is very attentive to one's questions and concerns both as an obstetrician and a gynecologist. Dr. Van Arsdale delivered by daughter in 1984 and he still asks about her, now that she is a new mom. His staff is wonderful. I recently moved out of state and one of my biggest concerns was losing this fine medical professional. I would recommend him to any woman, for any of your OB-GYN issues.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. VA since 1991. About 10 yrs ago when I was about 32, I became very sick. Doctors did not know what was wrong with me. Dr. VA finally properly diagnosed me with premature ovarian failure. He is a WONDERFUL man and amazing doctor. He delivered my son 13 years ago. It is a pain for me to go downtown to see him now that I live in far NW 'burbs....but there is no other doctor I would ever see. He is fantastic.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2009

Dr. VanArsdale is the MOST compassionte doctor I ever had. I have been with him for 16 wonderful years. Gave birth to my first daughter and then gave birth with my twins. My husband and I were challegned before we got pregnant with our twins but Dr. VanArsdale was right by our side. He and the fertility specialist got us pregnant and took very good care of me & the twins for the 39 weeks that I carried them. The utmost fabulous doctor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2009

Dr. Van Arsdale is the best doctor. I have spent a lot of time with him due to a very serious pregnancy complication. He was always willing to spend as much time with me as I wanted/needed. I truely believe that my daughter and I are healthy today because of his skills as a doctor and a surgeon. Plus, he is always on time.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

I have been Dr. Van Arsdale's patient for 16 years. He is the absolutely the best in terms of doctor/patient relationships. He takes the time to listen and respond to any concerns, and he's also very personable. So unlike any other physician I've ever had.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2009

What a terrific doctor. Caring, knowlegdable, and concerned. I would recommend him to all of my friends.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2009

Dr. John Douglas Van Arsdale's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1979)