Ratings for Dr. Mark Addison

He is the worst Dr ever. My mother is in a seniors home and just back from the hospital. She hadn't eaten in 2 days and his suggestion was to put her directly on comfort care - ie: morphine and starve her to death. WOW!!! no compassion for human life

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Addison has the worst bedside manners that I have ever experienced. He is uncaring and does not care what he says to a patient especially when speaking about the worst outcomes. He has nothing positive to say to a patient and it is almost as if he wants to move on to the next patient without concern for what he has just said. If there is ever a class on bedside manners he should enroll in it and then enroll in it again to just to be sure he listened. He should hope that when he reaches a concern for his own health that he does not have a Doctor at his bedside with the same attitude. I would recommend him to nobody.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr. Addison took over my GP's practice after he went to Foothills Hospital. Dr Addison has the poorest bedside manner and communication for a doctor I have ever encountered. He is rude, brash and uncaring. Get his home address for me so I can send his wife and kids a sympathy card.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

He is negligent. Refused to send a senior to hospital with a fall. Said the pain was an undiagnosed bladder infection. Ends up the senior has a broken hip, was losing blood. The family had to take her in themselves. This man deserves to have his license revoked. God help people in his care.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

Polite, great doctor, very knowledgeable and listened well. He always made sure that if I needed a referral, I would always be referred where there was the shortest wait time.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2010

Dr. Addison missed an obvious diagnosis of a family member of mine, where there was severe diarrhea for two years [almost killing the patient]. It was a common bug that I begged over and over to be tested for because it is the most common cause of diarrhea in that particular situation. Only when the patient was nearly dead and went to the hospital was it finally detected, exactly as I suspected, and I am not even a medical professional. He seems uninterested in saving lives or helping patients with medical problems, but he is affable and friendly if that is your priority.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2008

Dr. Addison has been my doctor for over 25 years. He took over my first doctors patients Dr. Ross on 16th Ave.I think every doctor has not a perfect bedside manner or relationship with his patient.In this day and age I think all doctors are working under a lot of pressure. I think we generalize too much and should give credit to them a lot more than what we do. I think are health care system today has put too much pressure on doctors and has left people like you and myself in a real crises.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2008

Does not listen to questions and often leaves with comments such as Make a List! Says something at one apptmt and denies it the next Told me I had a heart attack (without knowing it) and cardiologist totally dismissed his statement saying there is absolutely no evidence of this. Refuses to make referrals to specialists. Often shrugs his shoulders and says I Don't Know. Leave his office far too many times with no answers or help. He can have a very poor attitude when his comments are questioned. 'Appears' to be knowledgeable at the time yet will not address discrepancies. Does not keep track of past apptmts or follow ups. Test results/x-rays have been 'lost' with the explanation that they will not spend any more time trying to resolve issues. He, above all, does not listen to concerns or questions and leaves the room prior to resolving the issue the apptmt was made for. Will not relate direct to patient over the phone no matter what the urgency.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007

Very poor communicator. He set up an appointment for me for an EEG and his staff called me to make another appointment to get the results 2 weeks later. When I saw him for the results, he did not have them ready and told me to make another appointment but this time call first to see if they received the results first. I also went to see a neurologist who gave me a prescription and to take the medication. Dr. Addison told me that a neurologist would not have given me this prescription and I said to him "where would I have received this prescription if it wasn't from the neurologist?" He shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know since I don't have the prescription in front of me." I would change doctors in a heart beat if I could.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2007

He has been my doctor for over 30 years. He has a sence of British humor and always shows his concern for me. He has called me in the evenings and on a weekend to se how I was doing when I have been ill. He does not push drugs to better me unless he has to ( this is the european way ). I trust him with my life

flag | Submitted September 6, 2007