Ratings for Dr. Madelaine Kellerman

I'm not sure if she is burning out or if she just doesn't like her job anymore. More than 5 years ago she was hands down the most caring, and dedicated Psychiatrist in the area. Now she's CONSTANTLY 45-60 min late for her appointments, and is more focused on medications. When the primary care doctor retried had to get a new one and pharmacist. Both are very concerned about the amount of medications and what they are doing to my liver, kidney and bone density. I am afraid to say anything, as there's barely anyone taking new patients in the area, but I have to live in this mind AND body.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I was making an appointment with Kellerman and came across this site -- I'm really surprised to see the negative comments. I was voluntarily admitted to inpatient a few years ago and was lucky enough to be seen by Kellerman. She is extraordinarily well-informed (I work in a related field), very methodical, intuitive--I've had a few psychiatrists in my life, and Kellerman is one of the two that REALLY helped me. Yes, she is unlikely to hold your hand, and may seem abrasive or whatever, but she is a scientist and that is what you want when you're trying to figure out meds. I was frankly surprised to find her talent in a crappy town like Lethbridge, but she says she likes the small-town lifestyle. It is difficult, if not impossible, to truly trust your doctor when you are in a low, manic, or psychotic state; it feels like endless torture to get better. Any doctor will seem insufficient in this situation. I'm not saying to sit there and passively do what you're told, but give Kellerman a real chance to get you back functioning--she's probably the best psychiatrist in Lethbridge.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

i dont trust her but before making a review i will give her just dues

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I saw dr kellerman for 7 years. Always late. Over medicated me even though for my diagnosis medication doesn't work well. I'm finally off all the medication she put me on and I feel a lot better. I haven't been to the hospital in almost a year. When my family came with me we were told she would not see me unless I was by myself because we didn't schedule a family appointment. The next appointment we did and it was there that she told me that she would no longer be my dr because I was refusing to see a therapist from mental health whom I don't trust. Do not go to dr. Kellerman. She over medicates and does not like you having an opinion. She once got mad at me for saying I was on too many medications that interacted with each other. And if you want family with you make sure you book a family appointment as she won't let them in with you otherwise even though she isn't supposed to say no

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Saved my life! She is patient and kind and truly listens. She's willing to explain things in plain English till you can understand. You may wait a while in the waiting room but the time she spends being thurrow is worth the time. If you are willing to be completely honest and upfront with everything she goes over and above.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

I'm surprised she is taking on new patients. Obviously her existing/new patients have finally realized that there are caring doctors elsewhere

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

She is always late, but she knows her stuff. Part of the reason why she is late is because she really takes the time to get to know her patients. I always enjoy going to her as she takes time to understand what is going on in my life, not just my mental health. She is open to alternative solutions which i find refreshing. I love how she listens to me and doesn't just prescribe medication after medication, also when she does prescribe a medication she starts off with a very low dose. At times she is away on vacation or something but she always has a very capable doctor taking care of her case load. Overall i really enjoy going to her

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

I 100% do not trust this woman. As has been said before, she has no respect towards people she visits in hospital and refuses to even speak to them/their physician afterwards. I agree that her attitude is all about her and does not have the best interest of patients in her mind. Believing she knows what someone needs to take 6+ months after a 15 minute visit in the hospital is plain stupidity! Again, do not trust this woman, should not be in a position where people's lives are under her influence!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Do NOT trust Dr. Kellerman. She over medicated my husband with anti-psychotics. She doesn't take criticism very well, and she doesn't listen to her patients or their family members.. Thank goodness another Doctor realized that my husband was over medicated, and thanks to him I am getting my husband back... DO NOT TRUST THIS DOCTOR

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

Had the displeasure of being her patient while in hospital. I had to wait 6 hrs for her to come and discharge me and staff telling me she'd b there at any moment so stay on ward. She doesn't put her patients first, it's all about her.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2014