Ratings for Dr. R. Turnbull

Dr. Turnbull is very knowledgeable, personable, efficient and trustworthy.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Turnbull because my dentist does not do difficult root canals. I found Dr. Turnbull to be very knowledgable and thourough. He solved the mystery of my sore tooth that had been plaguing me for some time. He works well with his team and the procedure was a much better experience than I expected. When the freezing came out I had absolutely no discomfort and the tooth has been pain free ever since. I would highly recommend this dentist.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I find Dr Turnbull to be an honest and understanding dentist. He's gives me the impression he wants to do the best thing for you rather than seeing dollar signs. All my family see him and have always been pleased with his care. The rest of his staff are very pleasant and obviously very experienced as they do their job extremely well. Recently I cracked one of my teeth and it could not be saved. I had a hard time accepting that I was going to lose a tooth. Dr. Turnbull discussed the options to replace it and advised an implant was the best thing and was the closest option to a real tooth as possible. I had the tooth pulled and an implanted tooth placed. The surgery was painless and I only had to take one advil after the freezing came out. He was right that my new tooth looks and feels like a normal tooth so much so that I don't even notice which one is fake.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

Dr. Turnbull is a very good dentist. I've been going to him for over 5 years since I moved back to Regina. The fillings he has done for me actually stay in, unlike the last dentist I went to.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I was a loyal patient of Dr Turnbull for 7years. My husband said he always seemed rushed and little attention to detail? In Aug 2010, a crown he had placed using an old method had fallen off, you proceeded to do a root canal WITHOUT taking any EXRAYS. I had the most excruiating pain for someone who was always a MODEL DEntal Patient, DR Turnbull continued to work even though I expressed pain and discomfort. He put 3 more needles to freeze me without removing the rubber dam, At this time it was the MOST PAIN I have ever felt in MY LIFE. I left Broadway Dental Clinic with a very frozen mouth, not feeling well. In 1 hour my front gums were completely BLACK where the procedure was done. DR Turnbull prescribed 3 rounds of AMoxicillin which I took faithfully for over 3 weeks. Drove in desperation to Regina 3 weeks later as my Mom kept telling me something is wrong. My 4 front teeth were lose, I had called Dr Turnbull 11 times in 3 weeks to ask for help as my gums were oozing puss, terrible bad breath, deep pain at the sight, my 5 front teeth were all getting lose. My Memory was terrible and I felt like I was going crazy. Dr Turnbull and Dr Mang examined me Sept 1, 2010, they did take an exray and told me keep rinsing with salt water, take more Amoxicillin and go home, your teeth will tighten up. One week later I HAD to visit my Family Doctor as I could not eat, me teeth were ready to fall out, my gums were a green greyish color . My Family Doctor took one look at it and phoned a fellow Dentist Friend immediately. One Day Later I was rushed into Maxiofacial Dental Surgeon in Midtown Plaza for Emergency Surgery, I had my 5 front teeth and a large part of my upper pallete surgically removed, causing me facial deformities and sinus problems. I have had 5 surgeries including hip to mouth replacement, implant surgery and gum surgeries. Many trips to see an amazing DENTIST and SURGEON who finally after 5 years have replaced my smile. I have received no monetary of emotional compensation from DR TURNBULL. The first 3 years I just had to concentrate on my physical health, prescribed strong antibiotics and painkillers. A dental specialist in Ontario was consulted and came to the conclusion that DR Turnbull FAILED to take an exray...before a root canal....he had extremely bad Record Keeping and missing exrays from previous appointments. After my surgeries and facial and speech differences I experienced and was diagnosed with POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER and Social Anxiety Disorder. I have been seeing a Psychologist for over 2 years and am so determined to get better as I have businesses, a husband and a beautiful Daughter that need me to be all I can be for them. If My Family Doctor had not diagnosed me with Osteomylytis I probably would have lost more bone and possibly my nose and more teeth. Legal proceedings are pending, We are now headed to pretrial, I am feeling pretty strong, but have had to downsize my workload as a business person considerably. We live in Northern Saskatchewan so have to travel to all my appointments, once again, financial and emotionally and physically draining. The one thing I want is to see that no other patient will have to experience what I have. The PTSD was something I didnt even know the symptoms of, my husband just noticed that I wasnt coping well with many situations in life. My Dog has been such a Blessing, for anyone with PTSD I highly recommend an animal. HE sought his Insurance Company and their Ruthless Lawyers to handle the legal side. I am a good citizen and I help people every day in my life in many ways. All the evidence is on my side, they tried to say I didnt take my meds, but all my pharmacy records have been submitted, I have many photos of my toothless smile, my swollen face and bills for travel, hotel, loss of income, dental bills exceeding $45,000, all which I had to pay. The hardest part was the mental distress of dealing with my speech, my facial changes and learning to speak with so many changes in my mouth over 3.5 years. The Lawyers for Dentists drag things out to prevent them from paying, why not just admit you made an error, and work with the Patient. I have heard from Many Medical Professionals that say they would just settle to lessen the patients pain as well as move on and learn from a professional mistake. I felt strong enough today to tell my story My intention was not to harm DR Turnbull but give him a chance to learn and grow from a mistake like we all do in our lives, own what you have done. Please be careful as I do not want any other person to endure the manipulation, rushed, unprofessional and " mocking my Mental Health Condition" that I have had to endure by Dr Turnbull and his lawyer over the past 5 years. I have refrained from contacting the College of Dentistry as I really have had a hard recovery, but Now I am finally feeling better and I will be lodging a former complaint.

Submitted November 18, 2015

My whole family has been to Dr. Turnbull for our dental care since the time he began his practice. He is honestly the very best, as well as his hygienist Bonnie. I would honestly have anxiety if I had any problems with my teeth and needed to see anyone else. He did an incredible job of two crowns, a route canal, several fillings and general care over the years I've seen him. He is knowledgeable, experienced, professional and has a very kind manner. He makes it a priority to cause as little discomfort as possible and explain each treatment. If you want to avoid a painful experience at the dentist, you will have the best care available by seeing Dr. Turnbull and Bonnie. I enjoy going to the dentist... I'm not joking.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Dr. Turnbull, Bonnie and all the staff take the fear out of going to the dentist. Skilled, kind and caring. The best!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I recommend Dr. Turnbull and Bonnie at every opportunity.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

My dentist recommended Dr. Turnbull when I required a root canal, and I was very pleased with his professionalism and willingness to explain the treatment details. He was careful to inspect both the x-ray and the tooth to make sure the procedure was done properly. His treatment solved my problems almost immediately, which I was able to communicate to him because he personally phoned me to check my status within two weeks of the treatment. His staff were also easy to deal with. I will be hoping to return to Dr. Turnbull after my regular dentist retires.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Not only did I get an abscessed tooth from his cavity filling that later require a root canal, but he's the most painful dentist I've ever been to. As a kid he would tell me to stop being a baby whenever I complained about the pain. When I was a kid he was the only doctor I knew and I thought that dentists were painful. It wasn't until I was older and went to another dentist that I realized that going to the dentist could be not painful.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015