Ratings for Dr. Deo Smith

Dr. Deo was our family doctor for the past 20+ years. My mother, father, sister and now myself have since left his care. I will say we always used to like his style and in my case, that's what kept me with him, for too long. He would always try to recommend natural/controllable factors to improve my health and came across as knowledgeable for my limited need for a physician, ie. colds and coughs, routine lab work and check-ins, nothing major. As the years have gone on, however, I got to the point of complete frustration and disappointment in him as a doctor. Not only did I get sick and tired of the absolutely unacceptable wait times, mostly due to overbooking the same time slots, in an office that is exactly the same as it was 20 years ago as he invests nothing into comfort for patients, so you literally sit on hard old chairs for the entire wait too which makes your wait even worse, but most importantly, his attitude has got to the point where it's completely unacceptable and not at all professional. You can not even hold a simple conversation/question your care and available options with him, which is just wrong and not what a family doctor should be doing. The other problem is that if he does ask for any follow up with you, when you do finally get in to see him, he has no recollection of why you're there. It's like you haven't seen him for a year, not just a week or 2 follow up. Instead of him having 2 minutes to review your file in between patients like a properly ran clinic and greet you and ask how you're doing since the last visit, he's ran ragged and he's clueless as to why you're there so you have to remind him and run through everything to get him up to date which is super annoying and you do not feel like you are under trusted care from a good doctor. I would not recommend Dr. Deo to anyone. He needs to retire and so do his staff.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2018

He is supposedly looking after my father in Extendicare. Dad has congestive heart failure & has almost died from fluid on lungs etc. For no reason at all Dr Deo Smith cut his water pills from 80 mg to 40mg without telling me! Now he has fluid on lungs starting again, his privates are the size of a watermelon from swelling & he is in severe pain. Why change his meds when he was doing good. He may be looking at a future lawsuit if my father gets worse.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

After being our family doctor for over 15 years, both of my kids (now adults) and myself have left Dr. Smith. His rudeness, condenscending attitude are just beyond comprehension. If the doctor is that unhappy in his work maybe it is about time he retired.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Went in suffering with sciatic. He told me I was fat and going to die in 5 years, I needed a form filled out for missed work, he filled it out saying there was nothing wrong. All after not even taking time to evaluate me. Rude, not caring about what's wrong and very insulting.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

For years he told me I was exaggerating my menstrual pain for attention and that it was all in my head. He was never interested in further investigation into the problem, and merely prescribed me higher and higher doses of painkillers that never made any difference. When he finally agreed to refer me for an ultrasound, he did so begrudgingly because "in 99% of cases, it's just pain." Turns out I had a giant sold cyst on an ovary, and upon undergoing surgery for it's removal I was diagnosed with Stage IV endometriosis that I had i never fact been suffering from for over a decade. I will NEVER return to Dr. Smith.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I've been going to Dr. Smith for 22 years and never have felt the need to change doctors as he knows what he's doing. The office is always running behind but he really does a great job for running a one man show. 5/5 reccomend

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

He's been my doctor for over 25 years. Him and his staff are great.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Irritable and always in a big hurry. Not at all helpful and really doesn't care about home rushed one feels so don't feel satisfied or certain of exactly what's wrong with my children. Won't go back, once is enough.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Love Dr Smith. Always tells it like it is. Yes sometimes he's in a hurry but he does give you the best attention while you are there. Would not go to anyone else

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I've only seen him a few times. I have felt rushed but I have nothing else bad to say about him. He's an efficient doctor who doesn't like to waste time. Have your questions and concerns written down and be as efficient as he is. If you like to talk about things unrelated then he's not the doctor for you.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016