Ratings for Dr. Charles T. Whittenburg

To call his practice deplorable is so anti-Trump. Lol!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Dr. Whittenburg spent a lot of time explaining my injury, very caring doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

I can only attest to my attempt at making an appointment. I was told I would have to come in to two different appointments because I am having two different problems. LMAO..really? I don't think so.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016

I've never experienced such a rude office, especially office manager. My 85 year old mother was seen by the doctor at the hospital after a broken wrist. She has severe dementia as well and was transferred from a well known nursing center in the area. He instructed us to see him in his office within a week. We went to his office, nursing home prepared everything need from her chart and enclosed her Medicaid card. After I completed all paper work, I was called to the front and told that we could not see the doctor, because she did not have a picture ID (where would I get one of those)??? and they would need to see her medicare card. I asked if nursing center could fax over. They said no...they would need to see in person.!!!! Without this the doctor would not see her. Ii would not recommend this office to anyone. Rude, very uncompassionate about the patient and didn't want to honor a Medicaid/medicare patient from the hospital. Manager said the reason was because we could be committing medicare fraud without these two documents. No copies (originals so they could see) BEWARE TAKING A MEDICARE PATIENT THERE.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Staff was nice enough, although none of them seemed to have spoken to the other or looked at my chart - right hand didn't know what the left was doing. Dr. W. was by far the least helpful dr. I've ever seen. He told me what I already knew (without ever actually looking at me) and proceeded to give web md (ie obvious) advice to treat my injury as if it just happened although it occurred 4 weeks ago (also in my chart which he obviously didn't look at). Basically, a waste of my time. He wants me to follow up w/ him in a couple of weeks. I don't think so.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I'm so glad I judged for myself. I had a very good experience with the doctor and the staff. I believe what you give , you get. The staff was friendly and the doctor was terrific . Don't believe everything you read! Thank you Dr. Wittenburg and staff..

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

We just went to this office and and a good experience. My mother had terrible knee pain and we found out it was due to arthritis. Dr. W recommended Mako knee replacement and it went great. He was good and saw us multiple times after the surgery and explained everything through the whole process. We felt he and his staff were caring and professional and have recommended the office to our friends and other family members.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

The staff really tries hard to accomodate - I had a confusing combination of medical insurance plans and the office manager Dora took care of everything right away. I had a complicated knee problem and received arthroscopy by Dr. Whittenburg and everything went very well. He saw me multiple times after the surgery, when most doctors send in there PA. He even personally changed my dressings after the surgery. If I have any more bone or joint problems, I will go back.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

I regret using this doctor. My knee is much worse than before

flag | Submitted May 24, 2014

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Whittenburg...almost cost me my 25 year career...I had a very similar experience as txbshew@yahoo. His staff was so rude and uncaring. At the time, they had a "gatekeeper" named Lisa who answered the phone, tossed any faxes from pharmacies or adjusters that she felt she did not want to deal with in the trash. (Actually observed her doing this). I almost had a nervous breakdown dealing with Dora and the rest of this sorry, uncaring staff. Even the physical therapy personnel told me I should go elsewhere...should have listened sooner. They billed my private insurance AND workman's comp. When I tried to point out the problem, they refused to listen, and Dr. W actually used the F-bomb while talking to me. They ended up getting paid NOTHING! My only consolation. I spent 1 year with another doctor and PT getting well. EVIL! Wouldnt call before surgery as asked, then late for me as 1st patient,RUN!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr. Charles T. Whittenburg's Credentials

• University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth (Grad. 1996)