You may also like

Rate Dr. Kian Karimi

Dr. Kian Karimi's Ratings

I recently had a “liquid facelift” with Dr. Kian Karimi and would love to share my experience for those of you are considering the same or any filler treatment using the cannula technique.

I was surprised when Dr. Karimi told me I would not need numbing cream! Really? Are you sure? I don’t consider myself having a high threshold for pain, but somehow I immediately trusted this man, who is considered to an expert with this technique and has a very kind, casual and humorous personality.

He started with my eye troughs with Belatero and then worked his way down with my cheeks, mid cheeks and jowls with Voluma.

The best part was that I only had 3 injection points on each side of my face and virtually no hint of any bruising following the treatment. The injection sites were gone in less than 24 hours. Did I mention the very best part? Throughout the treatment, Dr. Karimi explained what he was doing and continuously asked about my comfort level on a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being no pain. With only using ice on the insertion point for less than a minute, I can honestly say that his treatment produced no pain higher than a 3 with barely feeling the initial needle injection and no pain when the cannula was inserted.

I highly recommend this procedure using the Dermasculpt cannula technique and cannot say enough about Dr. Karimi’s comforting expertise in sculpting the face to look most natural.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754375].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

Experience with the HALO laser:
This was my first experience with any laser treatment, and frankly, I didn't know what to expect. The procedure itself was slightly irritating -- but only slightly. The numbing cream they slather you with before hand, however, helps.

Experience with the office:
Everyone who works at the office is kind and helpful.

Ease of communication with my doctor:
A+ - Dr. Karimi is kind, patient, sympathetic, encouraging, talented, and very easy to communicate with. He's truly an amazing compassionate doctor. He emails back immediately to answer any questions or concerns. That means a lot to me. He's really the best.

Pain:
Unfortunately, I have a very low pain threshold -- I'm a wimp. So, I still felt a slight stinging an hour after the treatment -- like a bad sunburn -- but nothing a couple of Extra-Strength Tylenol couldn't relieve.

Results:
WOW!!!!! I'm getting compliments right and left. People say I look rested. My mom says my face looks really clean and healthy. My boyfriend wants to come in and have the procedure. I love that many of my unsightly age spots have disappeared entirely along with some fine wrinkles. The spots that didn't disappear have definitely lightened up....even the ones on my neck that I hated so. I highly recommend the halo for its results, especially if you're in Dr. Karimi's care.

Downtime:
The downtime is minimal and with the right planning it's all well worth it.

Dr. Karimi:
A++++ Dr. Karimi and his staff are amazing at making you feel your face is in the best hands possible.

Facilities, State of the Art Technologies, etc:
Top notch, except for parking.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2685249].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

I am very happy with the upper eyelid blepharoplasty and laser resurfacing with PRP that Dr. Karimi did for me. I look like a younger version of myself and I get compliments all the time! Dr. Karimi is not only highly skilled but has a really nice personality. I felt like he genuinely cared about what I wanted and it never waivered. Post op visits went beautifully and his staff were always happy to see me. I traveled far to come to the office so was really pleased that my wait times were minimal everytime!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2596293].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Dr. Karimi made me feel relaxed and walked me through each step during my "liquid facelift." He is a true professional, that is talented and truly cares about YOU as a patient. The procedure took about an hour, there was very little swelling and no pain at all. The best thing is that there was no down time. If you're looking for a top cosmetic/plastic surgeon for non-surgical or surgical procedures, Dr. Karimi is the one.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2574092].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

Dr. Karimi is a talented surgeon with an excellent bedside manner. I wanted Botox to soften some lines and give me a natural look, and Dr. Karimi was able to give me just that. In fact, it was evident that Dr. Karimi's style is one that enhances your best features, rather than the "stiff" motionless look that comes with the work of someone who is not truly concerned about aesthetics. Many people have said, "You look happier." (I am happy, but now my forehead furrow lines are gone!) I also had a facial microneedling procedure done that helped clear up my face immensely. Dr. Karimi has the best intentions for his patients and is up to date on the latest cosmetic techniques. I highly recommend him for any facial cosmetic concerns, and I will personally be going back to him again!

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2542859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Even with a glowing recommendation from a friend, I was still so pleasantly surprised by how down-to-earth, professional, and kind Dr. Karimi was from the start. He gave me undivided attention and thoroughly explained all of my options in order to help me choose a treatment that met my personal needs. I asked a lot of questions throughout the procedure and he patiently walked me through every step, encouraging me to follow up with him if I had any concerns. Dr. Karimi truly has one of the best bedside manners I have ever encountered amongst any doctor or aesthetic professional. Moreover, I was impressed that the prices were so reasonable, especially considering that it was the doctor performing the procedure himself.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2541194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Dr. Karimi is everything you'd want in a physician: smart, attentive, responsive, great charm and wonderful personality! And if you're considering having something done where the results will be visible, i.e.: cosmetic—topping off his attributes: he's an artist in the OR! Thanks Dr. K! You, your staff and your facility absolutely rock!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2527734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

3 things no one needs to know: 1. How much money I've spent on shoes 2. How many boyfriends I've had 3. Whether I've had work done on my face The first two are fait accompli, #3 is still in my control, which was important as I needed a little help - nothing crazy - nothing obvious - just a little refreshening. I was looking tired and overworked. I was petrified as it was my first time considering fillers. I've seen people ruin their faces. I wanted people to think I had returned from vacation, not that I had turned into a fish. Fortunately, after visiting 5 other surgeons, I found Dr. Karimi, a true artist. Dr. Karimi doesn't make his patients look the same -- check out the work of other physicians (especially east of the 405) to see what I mean. His approach is about highlighting an individual's natural beauty - committed to the notion that less is more. I had no bruising, minimal if any swelling, and I feel fabulous. And no one needs to know.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2376683].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr Karimi has a very calming and wonderful personality. He is very knowledgable, highly intelligent, yet very respectful to the patient. All of this gave me a real sense of trust in him. As a result, I added on two items that I had not planned on. I had wanted some Botox for the deep frown lines between my forehead. But he also suggested some Belotera for the under eye bags and Restalin for my cheeks. Since it was my birthday and I am in my mid-60's, I decided to give all a try. It was amazing. All looked TOTALLY natural. No more angry look in-between my brows, the bags were greatly diminished, and I was astonished to see myself look years younger with the high cheekbones that I had lost with age, time and gravity! I had forgotten how I had looked as a younger woman. None of this was painful, and there was no recovery time. What more could you ask for? He is also a great ENT doc with excellent advise about the ears and the sinuses - totally current and up to date.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][567786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2014

Dr. Karimi is the BEST! He and his staff were comforting and honest about all aspects of the surgery. My results are very natural and I couldn't be happier! Dr. Karimi is an exceptionally gifted and talented facial plastic surgeon and I would absolutely recommend Dr. Karimi to any and everyone considering this life-changing experience!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][567785].votes_count ]]