Ratings for Dr. William D. Smith

Dr Smith has performed two lower back surgeries 12 years apart, on different portions of my back. I would never go somewhere or to someone else. He is so professional and genius of a man. A true doctor in every sense of the word.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Horrible doctor and staff, stay away from from his clinic! I had 3 appointments with this doctor and absolutely nothing accomplished! When he listened to me and order tests, his staff would lose the order and argue with with one another in front of patient, but never take responsibility for their mistake! The doctor hardly listen to patient issues and rushes you out the door! Because of him my back issues became worse and now I'm going to have my 6th spinal surgery in LA. Not to mention that I lost my long term job because he didn't care to give the appropriate care and treatment. He totally disregarded my pain and struggles!!!This doctor has no consideration for patients and his demeanor is really " full of himself. HORRIBLE STAFF AND HORRIBLE DOCTOR!I'd never return to his clinic, EVER!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr Smith is gifted and Las Vegas is lucky to have him. He is world class. He did my spine x 2 and now, years later, I need surgey on a different part of the spine and I would only want him to do it. Top Doc in my mind.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Very upfront, spends his time to explain things. Good bedside manner.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

TWO experiences at office . . . BOTH miserable. The waiting room chairs disgustingly dirty. Waited to see Dr. Smith OVER 1 1/2 hours first time, 1 3/4 hours second time and Dr. Smith would not even wait 60 seconds for my husband to return from restroom and made him wait another 15 minutes. This doctor's lack of care and respect for patients and his demeanor was so "full of himself" that I would NEVER go back or recommend. NEVER EVER!!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr smith saved my life. I have a massive prolactanoma brain tumor. Very massive. No other dr . Would do the surgery . I would die with out surgery. Dr smith saved my life.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr Smith is above and beyond tbe absolute best dr in the usa. Other than dr black in los angeles dr smith is excellent. He does have an office staff from hell though. They should all be firer. An excellent surgeon and doctor but a horriffic office staff. Forget to call in meds. Takes a week fir callback but smith is a gift from God. Go to dr smith, ignore all of his hideous office staff however.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

I was going to have Dr. Smith perform Xlif surgery but the staff never got pre-authorization from my insurance after seven weeks! They made excuses, lied, and one insurance person named Theresa had the nerve to call me back and tell me "I hurt her feelings!" Yeah, well how about the hurt I still have in my back, you twit!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2011

He has been sued 6 times for almost $4,000,000, and been formally disciplined by the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners. https://nsbme.mylicense.com/Verification/ and enter his license #7897.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2011

This review is only directed at his office staff. Incredibly inept. They take 4-5 days to respond to patient concerns and almost just as bad with calls from other medical providers regarding mutual patients. I don't care how good the surgeon is, if the staff is incompetent, you are better off finding another provider.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2011

Dr. William D. Smith's Credentials

• Spanish

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1987)