Ratings for Dr. Colleen A. Hagen

I noticed another reviewer reported that doctor Hagen did not wash her hands. I noticed this too. She didn't wash her hands when she came into the examining room nor before she left. Her personal hygiene was very bad as well. This should have told me not to choose her for my doctor. She and I agreed she would take a biopsy of what we thought was scar tissue that developed after lumpectomy 16 years earlier. Dr. took out all scar tissue, leaving me with half a breast. There was no cancer. I had not agreed to this procedure, nor had I expected it. Due to her actions my DD breast was reduced to a C breast for no reason. Now I have one DD breast and one C breast. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone for any procedure. When you have doubts about any physician for any reason, discontinue "care" from her/him immediately!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Loved Dr Hagen. She explained everything, took time with me, and was very compassionate. But then all I saw was her PA who was very cold, rushed and could not answer questions. I did not want to waste my time dealing with her.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

Before my surgery Dr. Hagen may have been late to my appts but she was patient, took the time I needed to ask questions. After my surgery I saw the PA more often. She was not friendly, rushed appointments and did not always answer questions-saying she had to ask the DR and call me later. Each appt was worse than the previous. I had a complication from the surgery but Dr. Hagen did not recommend follow ups to check on me. The last straw was a recent appt. where I waited for 30 mins because she was in a meeting. She did not wash her hands. I asked her about that, she said she washes before coming to the room but door knobs, etc. She acted as though she did not know my progress-or lack of. She recommended a procedure that day-hesitantly I said ok-because I only have her expertise to rely on. I wanted to talk about future treatment-she told me she was in no shape to talk so come back in a month. I was angry, hurt at that plus she was coughing not covering her mouth, wiping her runny eye.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2010

Very willing to explain medical conditions and procedures. Gives choices and will give you reading materials. Will call you back and answer your questions if you think of something after you get home. Has an excellent reputation.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2008

super doctor. listens well. gives thorough explanations. trustworthy. seems very caring

flag | Submitted August 8, 2008

Excellent at explaining treatment plans, diagnosis, and follow ups.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Super doctor. Great reputation from former patients and coworkers.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2006

good explanations, highly approchable, returned phone calls promptly, has excellent reputation with doctors, nurses, and patients

flag | Submitted April 22, 2005

Dr. Colleen A. Hagen's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I noticed another reviewer reported that doctor Hagen did not wash her hands. I noticed this too. She didn't wash her hands when she came into the examining r..."

December 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Couldn't be happier. Dr Hagen is compassionate, talented, and one of the best at what she does. "

August 11, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Loved Dr Hagen. She explained everything, took time with me, and was very compassionate. But then all I saw was her PA who was very cold, rushed and could no..."

February 7, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Colleen" to "Colleen A."

October 20, 2013