Ratings for Dr. Neil Smith

Not sure how he is practicing but must have graduated at the bottom of his class. If you want an intelligent and thorough ENT, do not seek his advice. He’s arrogant, dismissive, impatient, and overconfident. Strongly advise that you obtain another opinion from a specialist who is actually competent in the field. He is a liability to patient healthcare. The only good thing about his practice is that his receptionist is extremely pleasant and kind.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

If ur looking for a specialist that will take ore than 2 minutes to here ur problem and history Dr Neil Smith is not ur guy!!! I read a comment saying they felt belittled and unheard and that is exactly how I felt. U have 5-6 minutes of his time and if u try to get more ur cut off in mid sentence. Very educated man but needs to be educated in compassion and a course in bedside manner!!!!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Nova Scotia needs for Doctors and staff like Dr Neil Smith. He is the finest example of professionalism I have ever seen. You will never meet anyone more caring and dedicated to his profession than Doctor Smith. If the Nova Scotia Government wanted to clone an example of Doctors they want it would be Dr. Neil Smith. He has it all. So happy that he is my Doctor. Gerry Boudreau.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

My son has seen Dr. Smith for his ears and his nose. Both times very successful! He was great with my son and made him feel at ease. Dr. Smith is wonderful and I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

Since 2012 I had to have 3 surgeries and all successful ...there's no need or time to look around for better because he is the best in my book!!! Family, friends and I thank you so much for making me better... My hero!!!!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I have seen him twice and there won’t be a 3rd. I don’t feel he listened to my problem or my history with my ears. I felt like I was wasting his time and he was very condescending. I felt belittled and dismissed.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Find another doctor if you're having a vertigo/disequilibrium issue. Save yourself the hassle. I mean no disrespect to Dr. Smith when I say I think he could use some more training. I believe when a specialist doesn't know something they should admit their uncertainty but unfortunately instead of running tests he misdiagnosed me. Very thankful that I got a second opinion.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

I find that he talks to me like I am bothering him I have been having vertigo issue on and off he just says it is bppv but he has never preformed the bppv test on me. Every time I go there he just says come back when it is happening and I will fix it in a couple of minutes but if it happens on a weekend can't come in so he can fix it. Why can't he just show me how to fix it if he thinks it is bppv.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Smith took care of my child. He was having ear infections and his doctors kept telling us that he could keep taking antibiotics. We finally got in to see him. He was very good with my son, who had seen enough doctors to start to not like going. He took good care of him by operating on him. He has not had a single ear infection since! Thank you Doctor Smith!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I was delighted with his treatment. He gave me my hearing back and I am truly grateful! I walked in unable to hear the snap of my fingers or the turn signal on my car even with my hearing aids in. I left dancing and shouting for joy. I played my guitar, I talked to people on the street or after church at the coffee time. I spoke to my family on the phone. I truly felt like I had been given my life back. Thank you Dr Neil Smith

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017