Ratings for Dr. Neil Smith

How is this guy even a doctor? He's so condescending and rude. Refuses to do basic simple tests and had no problem misdiagnosing me. He wrote a note to my doctor saying that I was happy with the answers he had given me which was far from the truth. I guarantee all of the positive reviews on this page are from him or his close family. If your doctor wants to send you to him RUN. Don't waste your time or the gas money going to see him. Quite frankly I don't understand how more people haven't reported him.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I had an awful experience with Dr. Smith. I have been suffering with Sinus infections for a few years. At first I thought it could be allergies. I was referred to Dr. Smith, and thought "Finally some relief will happen". Boy was I wrong. My first appointment, he was arrogant, condescending and dismissive. I explained that I was suffering from post nasal drip and sore face, congestion, sore ears, headaches, and sore teeth. He diagnosed me with acid reflux. I was prescribed 40mg of Nexium for "the rest of my life" as I have thick mucus. After several months of taking the pills and no change, I rescheduled. He told me that I would have to double my prescription. I went straight to my Family Doctor and she referred me to a new ENT. I was sent for a CT Scan where they found I had chronic rhinosinusitis. After my experience with Dr. Smith, I advise anyone seeing him to proceed with caution.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Fantastic result from my sinus surgery. I was having trouble with my sinuses for years and now feel like I’m back on track. I breath better, smell better, and no more sinus infections. Thanks Dr Smith

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr Smith has been my Ent for many years. He occasionally runs a little late, but always has time for me when I get in to see him. I had surgery 5 years ago and am have done well since. No concerns and very happy with my results. I have recommended him to a friend who was also very happy. His secretary is also very helpful, and his new nurse is wonderful. Thanks for the great care.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Saw him recently and it was not a good experience. He should work on his bedside manner and probably brush up on his clinical skills. I sought another opinion and it was vastly different so I would never recommend seeing him for anything complicated or serious. It’s obvious that his good ratings on here are either written by him or his friends. How embarrassing.....clearly he’s only concerned about his reputation and not the welfare of patients. Should not be practicing medicine but would probably make a good salesman.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

a great guy and great results from my sinus surgery. His secretary is very pleasent and his office nice, bright, and welcoming. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

Great doctor. Had a septorhinoplasty done and very happy with the results. Breathing much better and my nose looks so much better. Thanks

flag | Submitted June 2, 2018

Have seen this doctor many times. Also great, and I agree that his nurse and secretary are also wonderful. They always seem happy to get me in whenever I am having a problem.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I literally saw Dr. Smith an hour ago. He was so great. He was compassionate, reassuring and professional. Nurse Jennifer was amazing. She definitely found her calling. He is technical and to the point, but in a very kind way. Thank you both.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

My family doctor referred me to dr smith I saw him once last week and I'm gonna ask my doc to send me to someone else. I brought my mom with me and even she said he seemed like he was rushing. All these reviews talking about how good he is maybe there are two dr smiths who are ENTs in Dartmouth. His receptionist was nice. His office was clean. The waiting room was alright. The doctor was quick to cut me off when I was talking. Didn't seem to care.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018