Ratings for Dr. Barbara E. Smith

This is the best doctor I have ever had in all my 68 years. She listens, she is smart, and most importantly she cares. She does not have patience with lying drug seekers though, she can sniff you out instantly. Her knowledge astounds me at times, and she is not reluctant to render her opinion. I go to her for everything, even to assist in decisions on medical matters she can't treat. She admits when she is in error, apologizes if offensive, and knows her limitations well. In short, I trust her and have recommended her to all my family, friends and church members. She even treats my pastor and his whole family. However, if you don't like hearing the truth about yourself when it comes to overall health...avoid her at all cost!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

This doctor has a very poor bedside manner... I have only been to see her 3 times (in 2 years) and all 3 times she made me feel as if my pain was invalid and that my concerns were unnecessary. She would give me the referrals NEEDED only to find that my concerns WERE VALID and quite necessary!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

She was very rude, and could not answer any of my questions. She would not listen to what I had to say and was not concerned about my well being. She made me feel very upset and uneasy. I have never had a doctor make me feel the way she did. When I asked her a question she would just look at me and literally run out of the room saying she needed a second opinion,which took about 20 min.or so each time.WHAT! I will never go to Dr.Barbara Easterling Smith ever again and I am not alone. Several people I have spoke to about her have had the same opinion as I do. She does not need to be working with people and especially in a family doctors office when people need comforting and help, She can't offer either one. My visit with her was a complete waste of precious time and money.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2007

Dr. Barbara E. Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Jackson Ms 39216 (Grad. 1989)

Veterans Administration