Ratings for Dr. Harris Crooks

I've seen Harris since I was a child. I consider him to be the quintessential 'Country Doctor' type - Gets to the point, has a hands on approach, and is nice to deal with. After moving to the city and dealing with a few newer docs, I actually came back as I haven't found anyone as helpful as he is.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Been my family doctors for years and was instrumental in getting me treatments for for my cancers and other ailments I have had. All I can say is AWESOME and THANKS.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Amazing Doctor, always there for any case to help as much as possible. Will help in a case of emergency if needed, he's been my family's doctor for over 30 years and that won't be changing anytime soon. His nurse, Jane, is also amazing, very kind and easy to talk with.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Harris has been my doctor for 35 years and I could not imagine going to anyone else. I hope he does not plan to retire any time soon!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Crooks has been my doctor since I was born (35 yrs ago), my sister's since she was born (32 yrs), my mom and grandmother's before that and my nieces since. He is a phenomenal doctor and tells it like it is. He doesn't push any medication on you and listens to you. I had a spell of depression, went to him with a two page write-up of events and my feelings from days before and he read through it all and told me what he could give me for medicine to help cope with it, but left it up to me to decide if I wanted it or not. I have since moved 1-1/2 hours away, but still travel the distance to see him rather than any other! There will be a HUGE gap when he retires because he truly is irreplaceable.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Over a year ago I was diagnosed with bile duct cancer. Surgery was performed within a month of diagnosis. Since that time the threat of the cancer coming back is 70%. Dr. Crooks has gone to bat for me on numerous occasions within the past year, dealing with specialists and scan test results. He has been the one constant in this terrible emotional journey and just has a way of making me feel better no matter what the news may be. He is a great doctor to have in your corner!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Crooks for 30 years. he is always patient, caring, compassionate and never rushes me out of the office. I hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Always helpful and very knowledgable. Always willing to discuss your ailments and recommendations. Truly cares about your health.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2011

Best fam doctor around in Nova Scotia. Comes from the old school, knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr. Crooks has been my doctor for about 30 years and someone like him should not be allowed to retire. HE IS AWESOME.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009