Ratings for Dr. Madhura Tamhankar

really cares about her patients. an amazing brilliant doctor. definitely would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr.Tamhankar saved my life. I had cancer in my eyes and brain. If it weren't for her, I would be blind. She is an amazing doctor who can truly save lives and takes care of people who have run out of options. If you are left with no where to turn, go to Dr. Tamhankar. She saved my life and I that whatever problem you may have with your eyes, she can help.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

Brilliant doctor. No nonsense approach. Got the diagnosis perfectly that others could not figure out. Got surgery done and feel like new eye. Would definitely go again if needed.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Extremely rude. Felt as if I was wasting her time. Got very aggressive, annoyed, and loud with me when I asked questions on behalf of my mother who recently had surgery. In all honesty, she seemed to think she was "gods gift to medicine and the world" and having any concerns or questions were invalid because she was so great.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

I genuinely felt as if Dr. Tamhankar was annoyed to see me by the end of the visit. Having been referred to her as a specialist in Neuro Opthamalogy specialist at Penn, I thought I was getting the best. Instead, I heard, "I've never heard of the symptoms you describe". I would have preferred to have her a little more involved in my condition and offer some sort of assistance. "There is nothing I can do for you" is not what I would expect from a Penn physician. Oh, except that it was followed by "Come back in 6 months"... Yeah, right! Like that's gonna happen.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010