Ratings for Dr. Bernhard Toews

Dr. Toews has been my family doctor for 30 years. He has been supportive and compassionate. He would even come by the house when needed. He has cared for my in laws, husband, both of my children and now my grandchildren. Thank you Bernie. We don’t know what we will do when you retire one day.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2018

Really nice doctor - was happy he accepted me as a patient & thrilled that he is my GP.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

The best family doctor someone can ask for.He is knowledgeable ,kind and takes time to listen to your concerns.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Dr. Toews has been my family doctor for almost 25 years; he's the 'human whisperer', incomparably competent, kind, understanding, and his staff is just as kind and helpful.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr.Toews has always been amazing. I was having a severe very rare reaction to my arthritis medication Remicade and he was the first to recognize it - even before my Rheumatologist and Dermatologist. Sometimes he runs into his next appointments but it's because he actually listens to you and wants to help. So smart, he's seen it all and it shows.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Toews has been my doctor for many years. I drive out from Maple Ridge to see him and it's definitely worth the drive. He is often behind in his appointments, but I don't mind because I know that the reason is that he takes his time with his patients. He's always very caring and is an awesome doctor!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I notice all the five star reviews for how nice Dr. Toews is. I wish our family had used someone less kind and more competent. He wasn't able to diagnose my father's cancer until my father almost could not get out of bed and was riddled with the stuff. By that time my father had been going to him for almost a year complaining about the pain. I remember as a kid I had a throat infection that went on for a month before he could successfully treat it. As an adolescent I had a recurring throat infection he could never fix. I finally went to another doctor who fixed it after one visit.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr. Toews has been my doctor for almost 30 years & is also my grandsons' doctor. He's kind, thoughtful & very knowledgeable & I always leave feeling better than when I went in. He also really listens & doesn't have one foot out the door, like many other doctors do. And Kathy, his receptionist is also outstanding. Helpful, kind, personable & very friendly, she always makes me feel like I'm talking to a dear, old friend. Between the two of them, I always have a great experience going to an appointment! Much gratitude to both of them!

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Toews and Kathy are an amazing team. He has been my physician for over 25 years. Those of us who are lucky enough to be in his group know how fortunate we are.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr.Toews has been my Family Doctor For over 30 years, he has always been very helpful and knowledgeable. He is very understanding and never quick to rush you out of his office. He is an amazing family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016