Ratings for Dr. Cornelius Cowan

Knowledgeable, polite and helpful. Always feel like he is in a HURRY to get in and out asap, Has become like a Factory! Receptionist not particularly helpful. Relies on other Specialist for assessments for the most part. Nice Man just wish he had time to spend with patients.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Sidney is fortunate to have such caring doctor and excellent staff

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Family physician for my in-laws. Father-in-law had colon cancer which spread to the bone. Cowan did nothing to get him relief. The family had him go for acupuncture, which helped with the pain immensley. Couldn't get him to a pain specialist until after he had passed away. Mother-in-law still sees him as there are so few Doctors in Sidney, but tries to schedule appointments when he is out of the office. Sister-in-law is in hospital with cancer. Cowan reluctant to talk to her brother who has a medical directive. Would rather talk to her at 6:30 in the morning while she is not awake and coherent. Obviously does not remember what she has been told. Has taken three weeks to get a specialist to look at her and she is IN the hospital! Very poor service and would not recommend him to anyone. Apparently his sister, partner in the practise, is terrific and highly thought of by her patients, including my in-laws.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

He may not look impressive or have a jovial or cuddly bedside manner but he really knows his medicine. He also has considerable surgical experience. He is attentive and highly intelligent. He will not send you off for tests or scans or to see specialists unnecessarily. These comments may sound like faint praise but I can only say that for the stuff that really matters I would go to him first of all the family practitioners around here. I am 83 and have known and been treated by many doctors, so I have a good basis for ranking his so highly.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

Always punctual and pleasant. Have been going to him for about 6 years now, he listens and then recommends the Specialists immediately if one is required. Have great faith in his skills.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

I took my 7 year old son to him 13 years ago because my doctor (his sister) was away and he diagnose him with a rare blood disorder but offered no treatment. My son had to be admitted to hospital two weeks later after seeing a specialist. He had swollen hands and feet and was unable to walk. Dr. Cowan could have saved my son the pain by just giving him a presription for penicillin.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2008

My husband and I both go to Corrie. He has always been excellent and in fact saved my husband from a bacteria in his stomach that had been missed by another doctor. He always has time to listen and is very pleasant. There is never a problem with getting into see a specialist which my husband has needed on several occasions. He also follows up with phone calls. He also diagnosed my father and had him in for 5 by passes immediately. If this would have been undiagnosed my father would have had a massive heart attack and we wouldn't have him with us today.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

I did not have very good service.He did not want to hear want I had to say as I was not qualified,in his eyes.He would not send me to a specialist ,as he felt that I did not need this,even though I have a family history of thyroid.There was a specialist in Victoria checking for thyroid as a free service.I went and had the blood work done and came back that I did have thyroid problems,even with this from the specialist still did not listen.This went on for a very long time.Until I was admitted to the hospital and the doctor on call just happened to be an OBGYN he was shocked that I had been through all of this.I could have hemorrhaged.They did surgery and put me on medication to help me through.And was finally put on the proper medication to help with my thyroid condition.All I can say is you must believe in yourself and fight for what you feel because it's your body.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2007

Excellent physician always wiling to go the extra mile

flag | Submitted February 23, 2007

Lack of interest in patients, rushed appts.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2007