Ratings for Dr. Caroline Newman

Can't even work for this Dr. She has OCD. Why hire staff when you really only want ONE staff member doing all your work. Completely introverted and non communicative to her staff except one person and just belittles you. Glad to not be working for her or the phony people under this roof. Too over qualified to be working in a place like this.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I went to see her, I was very sick and all she could do was repeat to me four times it costs 25 dollars for a note. She made sure to walk me at the end of our session to receptionist to make sure i was paying 25 dollars for the note. She spoke about information she would provide me the following week for my illness , all she had at our next appointment was a desk with a computer and no information. She told me I could google it. And she is being paid doctor fees for telling a patient to google the information instead of having something available to give me. Appalling MD. And people who complain are not whiney or winey as one poster stated especially the person who follow up with below comment of 'PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE IN PAIN". Yes people think they are because obviously they can't feel pain. Believe me this doctor seems like she exists for the pay cheque.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

She is a good Dr. gets things done, always makes time for my questions. I feel like most of the negative reviews on here are from winey people who always think they are in pain and feel like they know better than a Dr.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I am 53 and work in a related field. I have lived in 3 Canadian capital cities as well as 2 US capital cities, and Dr. Newman is by far the worst medical doctor that I have ever experienced in my life. It's possible that she has some medical knowledge, but I wouldn't be able to judge as, every time that I've met with her, she's talking about what she is going to do for me (in general terms) to illustrate what a great doctor she is, or showing me on her computer what she is going to do for me to illustrate how efficient she is at doing it. Aside from not ever having made eye contact, she pretty much hasn't discussed with me any of the medical issues for which I came to her. I came to Dr. Newman solely because I just moved here. I'm already looking for another doctor. I strongly recommend against this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Have been desperately seeking a new female doctor since getting shuffled into Dr. Newman's care when my real doctor retired. Didn't realise how spoiled I was by having an MD who didn't stare at the computer during the whole appointment, or laugh at my chronic pain and rush me out of her office mid-sentence. Also, the annual letters asking for money for things not covered by OHIP are kind of annoying when she barely has time for you in person. Office staff are monosyllabic and mostly ignore you. Been seeing this doctor for about three years and she always has a "New Patients Welcome" sign on her door - a sure indication that she loses them as fast as she finds them.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

horrible doctor didn;t care about patient and the staff is so rude

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I have been reading these comments and don't really get all of them. I've been seeing her for 3 years. I followed her from Scarborough to midtown. My mother-in-law has been seeing her for 20 years. What needs to be realized is that everyone in every field has their bad days and off moments. Physicians are human beings too. While Dr Newman can be curt or short she takes care of her patients none-the-less. Just learn some social skills and develop a rapport with professionals in order to be successful in life. She does listen. She is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

There are repeated NEGATIVE comments made about this doctor? Does this not tell you something? Patients including myself continue to say..she doesn't listen, is rude, doesn't get along with her staff and is all about the $$$$...she is a terrible doctor. Not sure how she is still allowed to practice...

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

By far the worst doctor I have ever been to. She does not listen and has no bedside manner whatsoever. She will only listen to one problem at a time despite the fact symptoms can be related. She refers you to equally bad specialists. She can't get along with any of her office staff and is constantly bouncing from one office to another. Spare yourself the headaches and frustration. Look elsewhere for a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

This doctor is by far the WORST doctor I have met. She expects you to be early for your appointment and if you are more than 15 minutes late she refuses to see you. When you are in the appointment with her, she barely listens to you, speaks over you, ignores half of your questions and then tries to rush you out as fast as she can so she can get the next patient into her office. She seems to be all about $$ and does not care to share information or make you feel comfortable. She gets frustrated and stressed very easily and tends to raise her voice at you during the appointment. She does not seem to be a people person, she barely makes eye contact with you and isn't friendly or caring as a doctor should be. It is sad that she is unable to give quality care and knowledge to her patients. I highly DO NOT recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016