Ratings for Dr. Caroline Newman

I agree with all of the reviewers that say she is awful. I also was transferred to her when my Dr retired. It didn't dawn on me til after I had seen her several times, but what middle aged Ontario doctor has space in her clinic for new patients if she is a good one?? None. I have had chronic pain in my back from a car accident and needed some recommendations. She told me to turn around and she would look at my back so she could say she did. She did literally that, looked at it with her eyes. What can that do?? Nothing. I have transferred to a real doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

I work in healthcare and I am very pleased with Dr. Newman's knowledge and care. People are always complaining about how long wait times are, how inefficient the healthcare system is today. I am very lucky to have a doctor and team that work as efficiently as hers. I find her to be extremely supportive and genuine. I have recommended Dr Newman to others without hesitation.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

She’s an absoluteNUT-CASE. I was so heartbroken when Dr.Baloun retired (she was the most amazing and patient doctor ever). This doctor she hired to replace her is a joke!! First of all, she’s all over the place and is super hyper, never lets you get a word in. You can almost feel her timing your appointment by the minute. She’ll hurry you out of the office and tell you to come back. She wants you to come back multiple times for small concerns (she hates dealing with 2 issues in one appointment -even if they’re small). She’s has absolutely no people skills. I’m switching doctors ASAP! She’s definitely the worst doctor I’ve ever visited!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Bad judgement. Misdiagnosed my bipolar disorder and did not refer me to a psychiatrist. Instead she put me on a strong antidepressant which is known to exascerbate bipolar. When it didnt work she doubled the dose with no consultation. You can't trust doctors for mental health issues. My psychiatrist told me I will have permanent damage from the strong dosage. AVOID THIS DOCTOR

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

I’ve been seeing this doctor for about 3 or 4 years and have had a positive experience each time. She’s efficient, pleasant, and always validates my concerns. Maybe it’s generational, but I do my research, self-advocate, and am happy to just get in and get out; I’m busy and don’t have time for long, drawn-out appointments. The comments about reception staff are confusing to me. Do people really need a receptionist to offer more than just a greeting and a follow up appointment time? They’re always pleasant to me, both on the phone and in person. Overall, I’m very happy in Dr. Newman’s care.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Horrible! Horrible! Horrible! doctor. Believe all the reviews you read below. She is by far the worst doctor I've ever gone to in in 55 years. So sorry my lovely caring doctor retired and sent me to her, I think most of her patients were referred to Dr. Newman, too bad but I'm sure they've discoverd what everyone is saying. She is rude and cuts you off as your speaking constantly! always starring at her computer which she is obsessed with. I really dont think she is qualified to give you medical advise. She only allows you ONE question per visit ! you can barely get your concerns out of you mouth before she takes over the conversation. DO NOT WASTEYOUR TIME! super frustrating and uncaring doctor. Her staff does not even acknowledge you or look at you. I cant wait for my new doctors appointment!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

The worst doctor I have ever head. Too bad I was given her when my doctor retired. She does not listen to patients, she always emposes her opinion. She is there for the money.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

I went to see her, I was very sick and all she could do was repeat to me four times it costs 25 dollars for a note. She made sure to walk me at the end of our session to receptionist to make sure i was paying 25 dollars for the note. She spoke about information she would provide me the following week for my illness , all she had at our next appointment was a desk with a computer and no information. She told me I could google it. And she is being paid doctor fees for telling a patient to google the information instead of having something available to give me. Appalling MD. And people who complain are not whiney or winey as one poster stated especially the person who follow up with below comment of 'PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY ARE IN PAIN". Yes people think they are because obviously they can't feel pain. Believe me this doctor seems like she exists for the pay cheque.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

She is a good Dr. gets things done, always makes time for my questions. I feel like most of the negative reviews on here are from winey people who always think they are in pain and feel like they know better than a Dr.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I am 53 and work in a related field. I have lived in 3 Canadian capital cities as well as 2 US capital cities, and Dr. Newman is by far the worst medical doctor that I have ever experienced in my life. It's possible that she has some medical knowledge, but I wouldn't be able to judge as, every time that I've met with her, she's talking about what she is going to do for me (in general terms) to illustrate what a great doctor she is, or showing me on her computer what she is going to do for me to illustrate how efficient she is at doing it. Aside from not ever having made eye contact, she pretty much hasn't discussed with me any of the medical issues for which I came to her. I came to Dr. Newman solely because I just moved here. I'm already looking for another doctor. I strongly recommend against this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017