Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Buchanan-Dorrance

I am not usually one to complain but I think people need to be worn. Simply put, go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

KEEP FAR AWAY from this doctor and West Halifax Optometry. I have never seen a professional practice that is so completely unprofessional. A total disaster in every way.

Submitted February 20, 2016

Love Dr Buchanan-Dorrance! He often runs late, but he is so knowledgeable and friendly, that it is worth it. The front end girls are really friendly, and always look like they love what they do. We ave been seeing Dr BD since he was in the Halifax Shopping Centre, he now sells gasses as well, but there isn't the usual hard sales pitch, which is nice. I highly recommend Dr BD for your next exam - especially if you have kids - he is really great with the littles.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Buchanan-Dorrance for over 14 years now. We were always happy with his service and with his staff, UNTIL he moved his premises from the Halifax Shopping Centre to the West End. His front-end staff of women are all very snotty, rude and dismissive. We have heard them whisper amongst themselves about other patients (very unprofessional) and as a result, Dr. B-D's original, very kind and efficient receptionist has left. We brought these issues to the Doctor's attention and he clearly was uncomfortable with any sort of conflict resolution. The practice has gone from being a professional caring entity to a very uncomfortable environment where the hard sell on glasses is more than aggressive.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr. Buchanan-Dorrance is an excellent doctor! Very friendly. The staff member that did my initial testing was very cold. She clearly doesn't want to be there and could hardly crack a smile.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

If you don't have anything good to say then you shouldn't say it at all. I am applying that in this case.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Highly recommend this doctor! He knows his stuff! He tends to run behind schedule, but worth it as he is extremely thorough. His front desk staff were excellent, extremely pleasant and helpful. The front desk staff even made me a coffee while I waited for my appointment. I also purchased glasses, and I receive comments every day on how great my glasses look! Keep up the great work West Halifax Optometry!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

I really like this guy. Professional in every regard. Does not sell glasses - just prescriptions. So there is no pressure to buy anything. Been seeing him annually for a number of years (diabetes check-ups) until recently. The front office person is ignorant! I got stuck in traffic on my way to my appointment. I called and said I would be 5-10 minutes late. Didnt think it would be a big deal because I usually have to sit in the waiting room for 15-20 minutes anyway. She told me I would have to book a new appointment and would be invoiced for missing this one! She argued with me over the phone until I arrived in the parking lot. But, still would not allow me to keep the appointment. I told her to pass on my regrets to the doctor, but that I would be going elsewhere from now on. Highly recommend this doctor, if you can endure the abuse from the receptionist!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Jeffrey is fantastic! The receptionist is the only problem, she's terrible, lazy, rude, moody, always seems like she's PMSing. My eyes are strained when I have to look at her. I don't understand why she is still employed. My father picked up my glasses for me quite a few years back, he arrived there before closing time however she refused to assist him in retrieving my glasses and had basically locked him out of the office. Unbelievable. Though I must say, as long as Dr. Jeffrey is there I will put up with her as he is a great optometrist.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

the receptionist is rude and thinks she is the Dr, I like Dr Dorraine but as long as she is there and I have to deal with the likes of that I will go elsewhere

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012