Ratings for Dr. L Pillay

Dr. Pillay is very competent and genuine. If she does not know she will investigate and refer on. Thankyou for your wonderful professional help. When a family member passed away Dr. Pillay was empathetic and genuine. Thankyou for your great care.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I have found her to be rude and condescending. Today she got mad at me for drinking tea in her office - it was in a travel mug - and when i explained i'm thirsty because i have a sinus infection she didn't care. She then told me she didn't like my body language and asked me if i wanted to end the meeting. It was really confusing since I don't usually have conflicts with service providers. She said "I'm not dumb" but I don't think she's dumb. Anyway, I think part of the issue is that she talks down to me. So, if you don't mind a doctor that has ok knowledge but will treat you like a fool for not also being a medical doctor then perhaps the relationship would work for you.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr Leanne Pillay is wonderful; she is willing to refer, and listen to my ideas. Two thumbs up!! If you understand your condition she will work with you towards solution. I always advocate for myself; understand my condition then ask for her ideas. I believe she really cares and will work with you to find answers ..

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

I'm so disappointed in my experiences. I desperately need a specialist referral and she's not being an advocate for me at all. I'm young, fit and have always been healthy. I'm scared and in immense pain and don't feel heard.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Rushed appointments, always late. Will not do a routine pelvic exam with a breast exam. You have to make two appointments for those. Does not take the time to do thorough assessments therefore poor patient treatments. A lot of theBrickyard staff look and talk like they are very unhappy. Changed doctors, went to Medical Arts Clinic and is 100% better!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

My wonderful family Dr. moved to Alberta around 2003 and I had to find a new one. I went through a merry-go-round of doctors who whipped me in and out of their office so fast, I thought perhaps I'd accidentally ended up in a revolving door. And I'm not a complainer, nor did I have a lot of medical issues at the time. FINALLY lucked out with Dr. Pillay in 2005. She's great. Friendly, but very professional and engaged in my now alarmingly increasing medical issues as I become a senior. She asks probing questions, is very thorough, picks up on things that never occurred to me, is diligent in referring me to specialists even when I don't ask or think I need one (but then I find out she was right, and I do need one), she follows and adjusts my medications as needed based on regular labwork and my input. Sure, she often runs late but doctors are only allotted 10 minutes per appointment. Do you really want a doctor who will only give you 10 minutes and address one issue per appointment? Been there, done that, don't like it. Though I know she does her best to work within these unrealistic standards. I'd rather wait, and know I can get concerned, quality care.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

In 2012, I had to find a new Dr., as mine retired. I found Dr. Pillay and she accepted me as a new patient. Unless you are a whiney, snivelling hypochondriac, I think she's great. She tells you exactly what you need to hear and no fluff. She's doing her job to look after you. She's very serious but polite. I am thrilled that I found her. I have complete confidence in her.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

After consulting a few doctors regarding an ongoing health problem, I finally found one who is listening to me. Doctor Pillay is not only knowledgable, but genuinely caring and friendly. I feel comfortable asking her questions, and she always takes the time to answer them, and explains what she doing in regards to my care. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone :)

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

Absolutley fantastic, really cares about her patients. Perhaps she just has too many of them.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

To start, she has canceled two appointments just before I am scheduled to be there. She is always behind on appointments - I have to wait 30 minutes at least each time. She always seems in a rush (of course she would, she always has people waiting past their appointment time!). When I ask her questions I don't feel confident in her answers. In the middle of a visit once, she answered her personal cellphone (it was quick but still it was ridiculous!) Other times she has made silly mistakes when filling out papers, although they were silly mistakes they were important to get correct. I find her to be scatter brained and I don't trust her in the least. I do not recommend.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010