Ratings for Dr. Eric H. Elowitz

If you use Dr Elowitz you had better hope he nails your problem the first time he operates. He operated on me and it didn't solve my problem. He was totally dis-interested in trying to find the continuing cause of my pain. He may be a technically good surgeon, but he is a miserable doctor who clearly does not care at all about his patients - post surgery. I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS DOCTOR TO MY WORST ENEMY.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

This doctor misdiagnosed my condition. If I didn't find the right doctor, I would have been paralyzed. There are much better doctors at this hospital.....find someone else.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

DONT GO TO HIM HE DID A BAD JOB ON ME MESS ME UP FOR LIFE HE NEVER TOOK RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HE DI'D I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

A wonderful neurosurgeon. Accurate diagnosis and my back surgery was successful. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Dr Elowitz is excellent. I have had pain from a herniated disc for 6 months. He was kind in the office and explained the surgery. The surgery was great. I wish I did it sooner. I saw another surgeon in consultation and Dr Elowitz really gave me a better experience bi trust him and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

This doctor was pleasant and helpful pre-surgery. From the day after the surgery I had a significant complication and when I went to consult him about it his only interest was in denying any responsibility. He refused to examine me, refused to discuss the problem, and had me out of his office in under two minutes -- literally. I was astounded by the change in demeanor, from concern and helpfulness to callous arrogance. Be warned.

Submitted November 30, 2014

In October 2013, Dr. Elowitz performed Lumbar fusion on my L4/L5 region. I am so grateful to him forr what he has done for me. Dr. Elowitz gae me my life back. everytime I think of the pain I was in every day i am so grateful. Words cannot explain what he has done for me. I really was thinking about ending it all due to the level of pain and now I am pain free, confident and happy.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Dr. Elowitz operated on me and did an excellent job. he was extremely competent and caring. I was free of pain almost immediately after the surgery and feel I was very fortunate to have him to operate on me.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I recently had back surgery with Dr. Elowitz.Dr. Elowitz is an excellent caring and neurosurgeon. He is the only Dr. that I would allow to operate on me. I went to four other Dr's first and felt that they were not the right DR's. I checked out Dr. Elowitz on the internet and then met with him. He is even better in person. He is very caring and spends all the time with you that you need. His staff is the same way. Because of Dr. Elowitz I was able the sleep my first night without any pain or pain medication.I had my surgery at8:30 am and I was out of the hospital by 4:00 PM THE SAME DAY. This was the best decision I ever made even though it took me over 6 months to finally do it and I am glad that I did.In summary, Dr.Elowitz and his staff are the best. If you would liket odiscuss any of this with me please feel free to e-mail me at BRUCHEE@AOL.COM and I would be very willing to discuss this with you.Thank k you again Dr. Elowit and staff.Bruce

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Dr Elowitz is fantastic! I saw a few other surgeons but he explained my problem in the office and the surgery was successful. I had been dealing with the pain for months and now I am doing great. He is honest, straighforward and experienced. His office was a pleasure to deal with and his nurse, Ed, always returned my call quickly. I can highly recommend Dr Elowitz!!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

Dr. Eric H. Elowitz's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1986)

Sask Health