Dr. Sandra McGill

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sandra McGill

I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair 9 months ago with Dr. Mcgill, and am extremely happy with my results. I have always been very tiny, but after having 2 kids and gaining about 55 lbs each pregnancy, I had a lot of loose skin left over once I lost all the weight..and was very insecure about it. Now I can hardly believe it but my stomach is just as flat as it was before I had kids! She also placed my scar super low so it is hidden under my bathing suit. I did need to have a small vertical scar as well in my case, but the line is so faint now you can barely see it. I did my research and spoke to many other surgeons in the Montreal area before deciding on Dr.Mcgill, and I have absolutely no regrets. She was very thorough, down to earth and made me feel comfortable right away. Her staff were also really great the day of surgery and put me at ease. Thank you so much Dr. Mcgill for giving me my confidence back! :)

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr. Sandra McGill

Dr. Sandra McGill's response
Thank you for your great review! I love hearing how I helped you on your journey and that you've regained your confidence! Bravo!

Submitted August 11, 2017

I am beyond pleased with my experience with Dr. McGill. I had a tummy tuck early November 2018 and I know that this is one the best investment I ever did. After gaining a lot of weight for two pregnancies and two C-sections later, my stomach never got back to normal no matter how many hours I spent at the gym. I searched high and low for the perfect surgeon in Ottawa and could not find one and then I heard about Dr. McGill and by simply looking at her website I was in awe. The day I met her, I knew my life was about to change. She was very friendly and took the time to answer all my questions and reassured my concerns. The moment I stepped through that door on surgery day, I felt at ease, comfortable, relaxed and confident about my decision. I was impressed with the service and friendliness of all the staff. Having a surgery like this can be daunting and a little stressful but I felt really calm and well taken care of, every step of the way. Thank you Dr. McGill. I love my new stomach. I feel like a new woman!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2018

All I can say is stay away from this surgeon! My first encounter with Dr Mcgill was pleasant. She seems or pretends to understand what your needs, concerns and expectations are at first that is until you actually have the surgery then she is cold as ice. I had my Lipo surgery in September 2017. I had 4 areas done or so I thought.. she told me that she removed 1800cc of fat which actually isn’t a lot If you consider it’s 4 areas and I already had a small frame. She extracted a little fat from my inner thigh area and the front of the leg. Needless to say I have fat deposits (lumps) on my front leg as well as the inner thigh. She was supposed to extract fat from the love handles which she did but it’s not smooth. She was also supposed to extract fat from the buttocks. I don’t think anything was done as my butt looks exactly the same as it did before surgery. 4 months after my surgery I made an appointment with her as I felt that I had too many fat deposits at that stage of recovery. She was rude and dismissive. She said that I had to return after 6 months in order for her to assess the results. I advised her that I had seen another surgeon as I wanted to get a second opinion and the surgeon clearly stated that after 5-6 weeks You can pretty much assess the outcome. She didn’t care whatsoever. She just said to come back after 6 months. I left her office thinking to myself that I made the biggest mistake of my life!! I was devastated. I returned 4 months later ( cause we were now at 8 months). I only returned because I wanted to hear what excuse or reasoning she was going to give for my botched surgery. I had no intentions of letting her correct anything. She said that aside from a few minor things she is happy with the results. Happy with the results? I look like Tara Reid when she had her botched body surgery!! Seriously?!! She couldn’t really even see the before and after pictures cause the lighting was bad when she took them so they came out darker than she anticipated. She said that she could do some light corrections but nothing major. I explained to her that my pants do not fit as they should since she removed fat in the from and inner thigh but the back and sides were not done (she said I didn’t need to). The surgeon I had consulted for a second opinion said my legs/ thighs/ buttocks were poorly assessed. Dr Mcgill had the audacity to tell me that it was all in my head and that I had unrealistic expectations. Doctors always try to project their failures on the patient by claiming that we have unrealistic expectations. I never did but I do know a botched job when I see one. I have sinece seen 4 other surgeons (so 5 in total besides her) and they all concurred that my surgery was unsuccessful and that it’s not in my head. At one point dr Mcgill even said that I am just looking for someone to agree with me. No, I’m looking for someone that will give me an accurate assessment. She actually thought I would let her do corrections and pay her more money.. i have now found the perfect surgeon, He’s genius! It’s unfortunate that I wasted 9000$ With dr Mcgill but it’s a lesson learned. Consult 10 or 20 surgeons if you have to. Learn from my mistake! By the way, her receptionist is the sweetest person on earth. Very warm and welcoming. She always greets you with a big smile. Took bad she works there!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

I felt very confident and enjoyed being surrounded by a team of competent and caring women ... which makes so much sense when referring to feminine beauty ; I do recommend Dr McGill and her team wholeheartedly!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2018

Une chirurgienne exceptionnelle à tous les niveaux ! Elle a des mains de fée ! Son approche est tellement humaine et chaleureuse. Elle est à l'écoute et m'a tout de suite mise en confiance. Il faut se le dire, c'est un moment assez stressant que d'envisager une chirurgie esthétique... mais la Dre McGill a la touche magique pour qu'on ait le goût d'aller de l'avant. Et parlant d'esthétisme, je considère que cette expression n'est pas tout à faite juste. Ce n'est pas juste une opération pour nous embellir... ça change carrément notre vie, notre estime de soi, notre confiance ! Le suivi post-opératoire est vraiment de grande qualité que ce soit sur place ou par téléphone et ce peu importe l'heure. Je la recommande sans hésitation après avoir subi 2 opérations, dont la dernière en août 2018 (abdominoplastie).

flag | Submitted October 20, 2018

Dr.Mc Gill is amazing! Knowledgeable, genuine, friendly and warm. After having 2 kids 1yr apart (c-section) I decided at 30yrs old to go see Dr.Mc Gill for a breast reduction in 2008. I was DD with a small frame since my very early teens, that in itself was a huge body complex mess! After the breast reduction I followed with a tummy tuck in 2009. Dr.Mc Gill understood what I was looking for, she was honest with me and made me feel so comfortable with my decisions. I felt like I was with a friend whom I trusted immediately. She understands what will look good and what doesn’t on each woman’s different body shapes. She does not have the approach of “one size fits all”. She clearly explains the before and after. The expectations I came in with and the reality of the after were on the table from our first appointment. She went above and beyond for me! Most of the reviews are recent therefore I wanted to share after 10 yrs I am still so happy I went to see Dr.Mc Gill. I fluctuated in weight but her work was not compromised, my breasts and tummy still look great! :) I would do this 10x over without a doubt! Everyone I have referred Dr.Mc Gill to have always called me and thanked me for introducing them to her! Thank you Dr.Mc Gill

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

After many years of suffering with an autoimmune disease Dr McGill did an explant (enbloc) with a lift. I was very worried about the results because the implants were put in many years ago to fix a deformity. The results are amazing but the best part is I have my health back. Her and her staff are caring an extremely sympathetic to your needs. I interviewed 4 surgeons before choosing her. She’s confident, personable and delivers what she’s promised. Thank you a million times over!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2018

Dr McGill est une véritable magicienne!!! Elle fait mes injections de Botox depuis près d'un an et je ne pourrais pas être plus satisfaite. Elle a réussi à faire disparaitre les rides qui m'embêtaient de manière naturelle, sans me donner une allure figée. Elle prend son temps, étudie le visage et corrige avec un parfait dosage. Bonus: elle est aussi gentille qu'elle est compétente.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

I had a breast reduction with Dr.McGill. I was someone who had struggled enormously with my weight and ever since I had this surgery, I finally now feel like myself again. I cannot thank Dr. McGill enough. My experience with Dr. McGill throughout the whole process was incredible. I felt safe, secure and I not only trusted her, but her whole team as well. Her staff are amazing, very organized and helpful. They helped me get through the recovery as it is can be tough. Overall, I am very satisfied with the results and how I now have the confidence that I once thought I would never have. Dr. McGill is very honest, and she is very easy going to the point where I felt no discomfort with her, I was able to speak my mind and she was able to ease my mind whenever I was nervous about something and for that, I am so happy. I highly suggest Dr. McGill.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Im schedule in September for a mommy makeover with Dr McGill! And I can’t wait! Any tips or advices from other woman who got that type of surgery regarding the surgery and do’s and dont’s Prior to surgery? Thanks a million!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Dr. Sandra McGill's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Sandra McGill is a fellowship-trained plastic surgeon, certified by the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada. As one of the few female plastic surgeons in Montreal, Dr. McGill’s medical knowledge and surgical skills have established her as an expert in the field of cosmetic surgery of the breast, body and face. A native Montrealer, Dr. McGill completed her Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.Hon) and Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degrees at Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario. Following graduation from medical school, she returned to Montreal to complete a residency in Plastic Surgery at McGill University. Recognized for her warm and caring approach, Dr. Sandra McGill accompanies you through every stage of your surgical journey in an informed, intimate and safe environment. Dr. McGill is passionate about providing her patients with beautiful, harmonious and long-lasting results.

• French

• McGill University (Grad. 2006)
  • Queen's University (Grad. 1999)

Request an Appointment