Ratings for Dr. Willard D. Ruth

I had to fight my way into getting an appointment when I had bronchitis. My husband ended up in the ER with a severe infection when Dr. Ruth would not see him (over booked). Hes always over booked (prepare to wait at least 45-60 minutes past your time if you dont have an early appointment), and it took me almost two years to finally get a referral to see a psychologist when initially requested one for my depression. Dr. Ruth himself is very smart and knowledgeable its the time issues that bother me, and that he has so many patients he cant see them all, thus you seem to slip through the cracks a lot. One plus is he does take after hour calls (through an answering service), so if something does happen you can alert him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Clearly the doctors staff are out of their minds. I have never been treated more rudely in my entire life for no apparent reason! I was hung up on and put on hold forever. I was told I was rude? I don't let emotions get involved with something as meaningless as making a doctors appointment. But clearly they do. Get a grip ladies!!!!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Dr. Willard Ruth treated me like a long time acquaintence, with respect and kindness. He was a good listener and answered all my questions. I had to wait a little past my appointment time, but I think that is because the doctor generally takes his time with each and every patient... at least he did with me and it was appreciated.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

No time for a real diagnosis, does not seem to care

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Dr. Ruth was our family doctor for years. I had many kidney problems, I would go to the emergency room off and on for over 20 years regarding my kidneys. I would visit Dr. Ruth he would prescribe antibiotics, then the UTI, bladder infection, kidney infection would diminish, but once the antibiotics were gone, the infection would return. I had kidney stones, UTI's, you name it, I had it regarding my bladder/kidneys. I visited other doctors asking me if I had an STD, told to wear different undergarments, to wipe differently, this went on and on. Finally, I found a doctor that cared, not Dr. Ruth, my ureturs were bent and my urine would not fully release and would go back into my bladder/kidneys. Because of this running around for over 20 years, my right kidney is atrophied and I more than likely will have to have dialysis in my future. If Dr. Ruth had actually taken the time, dialysis may have not been my future.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Willard D. Ruth's Credentials

• Philadelphia Coll Of Osteo Med, Philadelphia Pa 19131 (Grad. 1968)