Ratings for Dr. Gordon Russell

Dr.Russell is nothing more then a Butcher. I saw him after I had an MRI on my knee , the MRI stated I had a total ACL tear and torn meniscus . After he scoped my knee he told me that my ACL was only 60% torn and he said he removed meniscus from my knee. I saw him again about 5 years later he scoped my knee again and told me my ACL was barely intact. I had another MRI done after Dr.Russell operated on knee for the second time the MRI stated again that my ACL WAS COMPLETELY TORN and now my k ee is bone on bone. I live with a lot of pain on a Daily basis. Dr.Russell doesn't give a rats --- about his patients and their quality of life after his brutal surgeries , he is also a LIAR . This Clown should not be a Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Excellent surgeon who has a great team working with him. My queries were answered by his nurse Jane, in person or by telephone, and my knee replacement surgery went well. Because I had been seeing Dr. Russell for cortisone shots in my knee for the last few years, I didn't have to wait to have a pre-surgery consultation and my wait for surgery seemed relatively short. The hospital staff (nurses, physio, etc.) at the Miseracordia Hospital took care of my after surgery needs (pain management) for the few days before I was discharged. I was treated professionally by all the medical staff I dealt with.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Very rude and unprofessional staff. The reception should be more helpful

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Excellent Doctor, would highly recommend. Had a full knee replacement and am at one year now and all is great ! Thank you :)

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Doctor Russel did my surgery on my left knee when I had torn my meniscus. He may not be a man of many words... But I consider him one of the best at what he does. That's why I requested him personally when I was told I need a knee replacement. I trust him and his incredible knowledge. I don't want anyone else to do this procedure. His staff are extremely friendly.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Fixed my fractured ankle was great to me and wa very professional

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I've had 2 back surgeries performed by this doctor. Once in 1996 and another in 2000. I am now 60 years old and he has given me unlimited time to spend with my children and grandchildren. I quad, hunt, fish and do all the things that one would expect to do as a normal person, not a person who has had 2 back surgeries. This speaks for itself as to what kind of doctor Mr. Russell is. Nothing more to be said. Randy Rose

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

I have had nothing but excellent care from this very fine doctor. He is competent, caring and goes above and beyond. He is a surgeon and he is very busy, but he takes the time to make sure you are ok. He did a RTKR for me Oct 2105 and the LTKR this Oct. I have only good things to say about him and his staff who have treated me with kindness and dignity through this whole process.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

I'm an active late 40's male who was referred to Dr. Russell last year by my family physician for a shoulder issue that was causing me considerable lack of mobility and discomfort. He replies to questions with two word answers, spends minimal time with you and characterized my condition as "more of a nuisance thing". I saw him twice and still didn't fully understand my condition. I then was fortunate enough to get in with another doctor (who is highly rated on this list). I now have a doctor who took the time to fully explain what is wrong and I am now booked for surgery.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

He did surgery on me in 2008 for a herniated disc. He explained nothing to me about post surgery care or anything. I got freaked about a black discharged from the incision but apparently thats normal. I went back to see him a month and a half post surgery as I hurt bad still and when I explained the pain, instead of laying out quality of life he said "you had spinal surgery what did you expect?" and left the room without trying to find out lvl of pain etc. So I left thinking lvl was norm. Over 3 years I got worse and my spine got compressed and I became paralyzed until a followup surgery from another doc saved me.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016