Ratings for Dr. S. Nikki Powar

Dr. Powar saved my life more than once She picked up serious health issues that had been missed by others including my cancer . She truly cares about her patients .

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

She spends more time selling her skincare products than diagnosing a patient. Is this allowed? Ohio should be checking on this doctor and not waste our hard money to pay a doctor who is only concerned about making more money for herself!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

She initially ignores the problems that her patients have and when they get worse she decides to blame it on the patients. She geniuinly doesn't care about the health of her patients and scares them by telling them straight up that their condition won't ever completely get better. I would not recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

The most inconsiderate, unhelpful doctor. Please save your time and go to someone else. Because of her, so much damage has been done. She only cares about making money, not about her patients.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2018

Inam a new patient to Dr Powar and so far she has been extremelly helpful, her secretary is very friendly. Thank you

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

I am so blessed to have her as my family doctor, she is punctual, pro active, extremely knowledgeable, and caring...thank you Dr. Powar!!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

“Dr.” Sukhbinderjit Kaur Powar failed to order the proper blood work that my College requires for Paramedicine hospital and field placement. I had returned to finalize the documents by obtaining signatures in regards to immunity, only to find out that she had left out the vast majority of communicable diseases to be tested in my blood work and attempted to pass it off as if a different doctor had made the mistake when it was in fact her that ordered the initial tests. She stated that I couldn’t receive a signature from her until the rest of the blood work was complete so I simply said, “so I just go to lifelabs and ask them for the blood test and come back.. so we’re all done here and I can go?”.. “Yes”, she replied. I had actually asked twice to confirm that everything was in order because it was odd to me that she didn’t write the typical requisite forms that are needed in order to have blood work completed. I honestly figured that the system may have changed and that I would be able to simply request a full analysis from the lab but I soon came to my senses after leaving and acknowledged that she was just being dismissive. I’m not shocked by her failure to do her job since the ABSOLUTE WORST part of the entire encounter was when I mentioned that I have recently been experiencing unexplained shortness of breath and high blood pressure so I kindly asked if she would check my blood pressure and she complied but what she did next, I find ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING. She inflated the manual sphygmomanometer gauge between 180 and 200 mmHg, which is perfectly fine but what I find so troubling, is that she deflated the BP cuff at full speed. I promise you that you will never come across a Nurse, Paramedic, or MD in your entire life that would be able to competently argue that this method is a reliable approach to obtaining a proper BP reading. She then FLAT OUT LIED TO ME and stated that my blood pressure was fine and that the reading came back as 120/80.. the clinical definition of an optimal BP is 120 systolic and 80 diastolic (120/80 aka 120 over 80). I managed to keep my eye on the gauge as it plummeted down at full speed and the only true comprehensible “blip” on the gauge happened at the 100mmHg mark, likely indicated the loss of turbulent flow against my artery and indicating what my diastolic blood pressure was, which was likely much closer to 100 millimeters of mercury and not 80 as Mrs. Powar attempted to declare. I’m not a compete neophyte and based on my knowledge of manual Korotkoff sounds and manual BP readings, is that you may notice minor “blips/spikes” during systolic BP and then generally a smooth decline once diastolic has began. Yes, Korotkoff BP relies on sound and not spikes on the needle gauge but if you’ve ever taken a manual BP yourself then everything I’ve stated should make complete sense. To top all this off since I hate calling people liars, is that in the past week I had my blood pressure taken about a dozen times.. by a Doctor at my college, an advanced care paramedic, a primary care paramedic and also paramedic students.. my lowest blood pressure out of all of them was 137/87. I’m almost always over 140/90 and only 2 out of about 12 readings in the past week was minutely under the 140/90 range. To be told I was 120/80 by Mrs. Powar is just so utterly disturbing since she could stoop so low and fail to perform a very basic duty as a medical professional. She had her head turned for the majority of the time the needle was dropping so the fact that she got a “reading” at all without keeping her eyes on the gauge deflating at that speed is just beyond me. Look out for your health and safety with this so called doctor Powar.. she must think she can take advantage of the general population’s lack of medical education and makes purfunctory efforts in regards to her medical treatment. It’s not only unprofessional but also dangerous. If I was a loved one of yours and happened to be experiencing a hypertensive emergency then strokes and myocardial infarction are a very real possibility. Avoid this “Doctor Powar” at all costs and get you and your family to a physician that is actually adept and not so condescending and dismissive.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

She is one of the best doctors I know. Easy going, thorough and precise. Never had any issues with her or her staff.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Good doctor with good knowledge. She is very punctual.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

I have been going to her years. I haven't had any issues with her like those stated below. She is great with my newborn daughter, husband and myself. She is precise and very thorough. Recommended her to a lot of family and friends.

Submitted November 21, 2017