Ratings for Dr. Alexander Haines

Dr Haines is a great guy ! Yes he's busy aren't all Doctors? Our health care system is in a lot of trouble. Dr Haines Is helpful & very thorough! Everyone says he's a pill pusher, I'm betting its all the people that were all faking pain etc. He realized this when the belt was tightened on pain meds ? Well all Drs did the same, and now he makes sure the ones that need it ( for real pain ) get helped. Those of you that miss getting meds for no reason . Oh well he opened his eyes & now is prescribing to people with REAL problems. I'm thinking all the griping of him all boils down to he opened his eyes !! Great Dr. Great guy he's a great Dr. Keep up the good work Doc! Cheers

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr haines is great and amazing with the kids. Pam is wonderful but doesnt seem to ne the main lady in the office. The rest of the staff could try and smile more often

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

This doctor saved my life!! I was 515lbs today I am out of danger and fitter then I have been for about 15 years. This doctor not only saved my life but saved me the trouble of a gastric bypass surgery. Yeah, my gripe is I have to buy new clothes ext.. The staff are great people forget however there are THREE doctors in the office so staff have three times the calls. Dr. Haines best quality is his follow up on various issues as he is always on top of things when it comes to myself and wife's files.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Dr. Haines was a great Dr when I first started to see him. Heis still great with my kids, as for me I feel let down, he makes me feel like I AM JUST COMPLAINING. He use to help me alot, but now he just makes me feel stupid when I explain about my woman issues. Please if u read tis don't make the same mistake with other women. As for the staff, Pam u are wonderful, but for the rest of u learn from her, and maybe consider a new profession.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Dr. Haines was my family doctor for years when I lived in Barrie. The phone was never answered, and it was impossible to get appointments, and when you did, it was 2 - 3 weeks later. I started going to the walk in clinic at the office instead as it meant only a 1 in 4 chance I'd get Dr. Haines. I agree that he pushed pills, and didn't treat issues, I felt like a hypochondriac anytime I went in as my conditions weren't being addressed. Within months of relocating to another city, I had diagnoses and treatment, and my health improved substantially. I had gone to him regarding physical discomfort during intimacy, and was told by Dr. Haines to "come back when it hurts". Needless to say, I called the health unit, explained the situation, was in to see a female doctor that week, and was diagnosed with a severe yeast infection, requiring medication to treat. I do not recommend him as a doctor, and would discourage people from choosing him, as recent research online leads to the conclusion that he hasn't improved in the time away from being a patient of his practice.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2014

Dr. Haines is an excellent physician. He is caring and compassionate. If he gets a step on you at the blue line he will cut hard to the hole and beat you top shelf like a rented mule. Good people!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Dr Haines has been my Dr for a number of years.When one of my family was diagnosed with a terminal illness, he took the time to always ask what was going on and how I was doing and when my family member passed on, he scheduled appointments for me weekly until I could manage my grief. I read here someone called him a pill pusher - far from it! he wouldn't even give me an appetite suppressant for weight loss! He is approachable, a good listener and very knowledgable - his sense of humour is quite good too!As for his staff, you know I understand why people write the negative things about them - it is hard to get through on the phone - and you are kept waiting for a long time when you do get through, but to be honest I would hate to do their job, dealing with the public sector is the hardest job especially when the medical field is so in demand I have seen people in that office be incredibly rude to the staff for no reason, I can only say they have always been very kind to me.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

Dr. Haines took my children on when I could not find a doctor at all and my son was having a ton of medical issues. I feel he is very friendly and listens. He is great with the kids. His staff is OK, though they never answer the phone when you need to book an apptointment.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

Dr.Haines is a great doctor, I have nothing bad to say about him, he is helpful and does what he can for you. His staff (most of them anyway) are not friendly, rude when you call, not helpful and pretty much tell you to go somewhere else. The only nice helpful nurse in there is Lisa and I dread having to go into the office now because I haven't seen her in there in a while. Maybe she quit? I would have to if I had to put up with all other dummies in the office!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

He is a wonderful, caring doctor. He has helped me thru many problems, and I am very thankful to have him as my family doctor. For the person who said he is a pill pushing doctor is wrong. Unfortunately I need to take oxycontin , and he monitors very carefully, which I also am thankful for, because I do realize this is a medication that is very dangerous and addictive if not monitored properly and given to the wrong people. He is a wonderful man, and would not want to lose him as my doctor. Thanks Dr. Haines

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011