Ratings for Dr. Ben Ali

Read comments on Google from others who have had carpal tunnel surgery with other surgeons and you will soon realize how lucky your are to have Dr. Ali doing your surgery. Three weeks out and my recovery reads like a textbook. All the numbness gone right away, all fingers mobile and flexible, wrist getting stronger and barely a mark where the operation was performed. True, Dr. Ali is not one for long conversations, but he does what you went to him for and he tells you what to do post-surgery. 18 minutes from walking in to walking out of surgery and I will try to get him to do my other wrist once I have healed up a bit more. Staff in his office and the OR were great for me.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

Was on time. Very knowledgable. Quiet, kind. Thorough re: expectations. Very direct which I appreciate. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I ha net had my procedure yet although it is very minor. I was v v happy w the consult.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

He was very rude and was giving us attitude. Ive never come across such an unprofessional impolite doctor.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Recently had a shoulder lipoma removed. I was told the procedure would take 30 minutes. Dr. Ali was done in 20 minutes. He was very soft spoken & gentle. His surgical nurse kept me comfortable during that time. Dr. Ali gave me post-operative advise. I had no problems. I will see him again mid-May. Looking forward to seeing him again.

Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Ali and his staff were professional and compassionate throughout my entire experience with my surgery. Thank you to all the nurses as well

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I went to Dr Ali for carpal tunnel surgery. He explained exactly what was going to happen. Afterwards i had questions, and Dr Ali answered and everything was great

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

I really recommend Dr. Ali. I'm surprised to see some of the comments below. I think everyone who is calling him rude or saying he has no bedside manner is just confusing that with him being a quiet introvert. Yes, he was quiet, but he was very kind to me. He did an amazing job and left zero scarring. Very skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

I cant really assess his knowledge or helpfulness as I had a very short appointment with him. However, based on his rudeness and bedside manner I am glad that I will not have to visit him in the future. Part of being a Dr. is treating your patients kindly.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Great surgeon, great results on two separate procedures. It doesn't matter what his personality is like I've got enough friends I can golf with.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

I didn't bother to read any other reviews since I saw "sad" faces & didn't want to be influenced by what they said, plus my GP said people don't like Dr. Ali! That was totally inappropriate of her since she referred me to him 2X for removal of suspicious moles. I don't care what other people say, Dr. Ali was VERY kind to me & I really liked him. He is a very quiet person, but explained things well to me & was very caring. Both times I had my moles removed he did an excellent job of the surgery and asked me during the actual surgery more than once if I was doing OK. I found that very comforting: I've had quite a number of moles removed over the years, so I've seen other surgeons, some of whom were rude & made me feel like I was putting them out. Dr. Ali also scheduled a follow-up to examine my scars (I think it was a month or two after the surgery). Not ONE of my other surgeons ever did that kind of follow-up. If I have to have another mole removed, I hope I can get Dr. Ali to do it.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012