Ratings for Dr. Albert C. Chen

I went to see Dr Chen 2 times; I have been very disappointed – 1) He spent about 3 – 5 minutes with me at each visit. I felt rushed. He ordered a bunch of tests (I had PPO insurance at that time) which I found out they were unnecessary according to another doctor I saw later. 2) When I called the office to ask for a copy of my blood test report, they told me they cannot send the report to me unless I make another appointment and see the doctor. So I made the appointment to see the doctor. When I see the doctor, he simply READ the report to me. I can READ too. He didn’t give any explanation/suggestion etc. He spent 3 – 5 mins with me just like the 1st time I saw him. When I was about leaving, he murmured to me something: sorry I have to run; I am late for a scheduled surgery. 3) The billing lady didn’t spend her time to call my new insurance, so they sent me a big bill after I visited the doctor, I had to pay cash out of my pocket (because she found out that the doctor is not a network provider of my new insurance). 4) When I asked the billing lady why she doesn’t call my insurance before I visited the doctor(so I could chose to go to a doctor who is a network provider), she said she doesn't have time to call...than she got angry and threaten me to send my bill to collection agency if I don’t pay. I didn’t want to continue this argument and didn’t want to have my credit be ruined…so I simply paid the amount she billed me. I will not recommend this doctor to my friends because I feel he doesn’t really care about the patients except his business. There are so many wonderful doctors out there, do some research, I am sure you will find a good one near you. Also, if you are already seeing this doctor, I think it is a good idea to call your insurance yourself, to understand what procedure is covered or uncovered. Don’t expect the office will do that work for you. You might be surprised by a big cash payment bill after seeing the doctor or a treatment. They will demand you to pay or they will send the bill to collection. They won’t listen or have compassion for you.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr Albert C. Chen is by far one of the Worst Doctors I've ever seen. The waiting in the office is really long. If you have a "costomer service problem" don't even try to talk to the socalled "OFFICE MANAGER" it's his wife. So no matter what Dr. Chen will stand by her. So you can never win, even if you are in the right. when you actually get to see him, the most time he will spend with you is 5mins or less. When I ask questions or have responses he interrupts and doesnt let me finish talking. I called the office everyday for a week to try to talk to him or even his wife/office manager,but all I got was his front desk letting me know that "he cant return my calls right now". I gave up. and they never called me back. what Dr. Chen FAILS EPICALLY to realize is that I'm not only a person/patient, "I'm a CONSUMER" and I can take my bussiness elsewhere. I DO NOT RECOMEND DR. CHEN FOR AN OBGYN!!!!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

Dr chen has taken care of me for my last 3 pregnancys he is very nice and understanding his office is packed but it worth waiting his office staff is the best I have delt with.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

VERY SMART GUY VERY NICE STAFF, HE DOES NOT SPEND ALOT OF TIME WITH PATIENT HE LEFT ME WITH ALOT OF QUESTIONS.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

He is very good doctor, the best so far. Dr. Chen is nice, knowledgeable and always take time to answer all of my questions or concerns. His stuff are nice too. Yovka.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

Dr Chen is the worse doctor I have every had experience with. He is very rude and has a major attitude. Furthermore, He really does not listen to my problems. He consistently interrupts. I am so so upset at this man that I should just stop talking

flag | Submitted October 18, 2009

Dr Chen is so Loving and SMART! HE knows everything and really cares. He tends to have more sympathy unlike a woman OBGYN. He spends time answering your questions and he is very through in all his work. He returns calls personally and spends the time you need. my favorite thing about Dr Chen is that he is up to date on all his facts and practice. I come from a family of doctors and he is our #1. He knows truth vs old wives tale!! His comfort is wonderful. YOU WILL LOVE DR CHEN! If you want the BEST care go to Dr Chen!-Sara C

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

I am surprised by what has been written here. He is a very very good doctor. I should know, I am a registered nurse and I am also a patient of his, twice now for my girls. He is the best, very knowledgeable, very courteous and respectful. I had some concerns and I discussed it with him for 30 minutes without realizing the time. When I got out, his office was full and yet he took the time to answer all my concerns. I have since then referred him to two of my friends who love him to no end. The nurses he works with respect his work ethics and knowledge too. This is the real test, when a nurse who works with him, will see him as a patient as well. And my RN sister in law, who once worked with him saw him for the birth of her son as well. She has always said nice things about him. His staff has always been nice, competent and infact can identify my voice over the phone, which I thought was very personal.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2007

Dr Chen never gives you time to ask any questions and his staff is also very short with you. He does not explain your questions and is very condescending. I had to wait 2 hours after my appointment time in a crowded waiting room for my visit which lasted 5 minutes. Would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2007

Dr. Chen may have all of his credentials in order, but his attitude is horrible. Is is unfortunate that during such a precious time is your life you're not receiving the best overall care.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2007

Dr. Albert C. Chen's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Workers Comp