Ratings for Dr. Kannan Krishnar

He has been my GP for many years and what I like is he takes the time to discuss any issues you may have and address them in the best possible way.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2017

I'm giving this review because the staff is so awful that I think people should brace themselves for what they will encounter before going in and seeing the doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

He has been my GP for several years now and he offers excellent care. His staff, like that of many doctors, or not the friendliest people in the world at first, but once you get known as someone who doesn't waste their, or the doctor's time, shows up on time for appointments and is pleasant, they will return the behaviour. He is compassionate and thorough and is keen to understand the underlying issues. I cannot understand the negative reviews - so much of it is likely due to the reviewer's attitude. I have never been ignored, rushed or refused. But then again, I don't abuse his time.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I've had Dr. Krishnar as my doctor for most of my life after my old doctor retired about 20 years ago. He's very helpful and whenever I saw him the last few times, he called me in early and was very helpful. When I had my spring allergies a few years ago, my cough wouldn't go away or get any better. He explained what I had and explained how to use my prescription before I got it at the drug store. Very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

When Dr. McCann retired I got Dr. Krishnar. What a blessing he is. He is kind, gentle, considerate. He is very thorough. I feel well looked after with Dr. Krishnar and he doesn't rush me. He gives me time to ask questions and is very easy to understand with the answers. I am happy with Dr Krishnar as my family doctor. Christine Mason

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

AN EXCELLENT AND THOROUGH PHYSICIAN. He is very accommodating and patient. He has been our family physician for more than 11 years.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

I tend to agree with the last rater. I want to add that I have never felt rushed with Dr Krishnar. He takes the appropriate time to deal with the issues. It is also good to see that he keeps his schedule on time which is refreshing compared with other doctors' offices that I have dealt with..

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I don't know what the last rater was talking about. My family has had nothing but good experiences with Dr Krishnar. His injections are always pain free. We always say is that it because we don't even notice the injection. He is very knowledgeable and follows up on tests as necessary. If you are unhappy with his care, there are plenty of doctors in Oakville accepting new patients so I've been told. It seems that this site seems to be generally involved by negative bitter people and doesn't include the many who have had positive experiences with their doctors.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I would love to leave detailed reasons why my review is negative, but that will only give away who I am to him. Assuming he would ever read anything like this. I'm absolutely amazed to read people say he's compassionate and caring. For all the years my family has seen him, the only vibe we get is "hurry up with what you have to say, so I can get to the next person". There's almost never any follow-through when we go in with symptoms. Often doesn't check the simplest of things. Foot really causing a lot of pain from a fall? Go get something for your shoes to stabilize it. Do you want to feel it and see if anything's wrong? No reason to do that. Simple things like that are a constant with nearly every visit. Struggles to give shots. "most pain i've ever felt in my life. Felt like he hit bone" is a quote from a family member. Funny enough, I don't even want compassion, I just want a dr. to provide thorough information and believe a patient when they come in that there is something wrong. Way too many times we'd get sent home with nothing and have more questions than we'd have before. That's not a good experience. One could say this is insecurity, but fact is we feel like his assumption when going in as that we're not sick and we need to prove to him we are, and rarely does he believe it. A family doctor shouldn't feel that way.

Submitted March 26, 2016

I am not sure that the people who have given negative ratings know the same Dr. Krishnar that I go to. He is compassionate, caring and will not hesitate to order additional tests and specialist appointments when needed. Yes some of the office staff leave a little to be desired, but others are amazing. If it were my practice, I would weed out the bad ones and put the good ones in charge of training the replacements.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015