Ratings for Dr. Leslie C. Abitz

DO NOT go to Abitz. When I first went in for my yearly exam she yelled at me, yes yelled, because my 16 yr old daughter was not on the pill. Two years later I was having lots of pain. Went in, she said it was nothing. Went back again and she didnt know but ssid it eas nothing she did. Refered me to a neuologist! He got the ball rolling by yelling my internal med Dr. I needed to see him. Dr sent me yo the surgeon and then to a new ob/gyn. That was Thur. This ob had me in the hospital Fri am and scan revealed an ovariun cyst the suze of a golf ball! Had it out on a Monday. I monkeyed atound with Abitz for over a month, yet had my answer in 24 hrs and out in less than 5 days.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

I statted seeing Dr abitz when I was pregnant with my 4th child, she was fine during the pregnancy. I didn't have any issues and it was an easy pregnancy with no complications, however towards the end of my pregnancy (my last 6 appointments) she kept insisting that I schedule to be induced. I had 3 previous children naturally so didn't care for that. Also she pushes birth control to the max! I have never used any form before (besides condoms) but we decided we were done with the baby stage of our lives so I asked about options. She suggested mirena so we planned on having that done at my 6 week postpartum apt. At the apt I told her that I had changed my mind bc of the possible side effects, especially those connected to breastfeeding women since I had just had a baby. She said, "these things never happen," "they have to put those things on there," and " I do hundreds of these a week." I decided to go for it , after it was placed she immediately left the room, I sat up on my own and almost passed out. I sat there for about 5 min, stood up to get dressed and almost passed out again, eventually probably 12 min later, I got dressed and left. I called the next day bc I was having g pain and still bleeding, the pamphlet said this should not last more than 2 hours, abitz nurse told me this was normal and could last up to 2 weeks. I called a couple days before it had been 4 weeks since placement and asked if I could have it checked. In the pamphlet it says you are supposed to have the placement checked at 4 weeks, but abitz told me she does not do that. She was out of the office that day so I saw another dr. He could not find it at first but got a different device and then found it and readjusted the placement, even though he said it hadn't shifted or moved, he also ordered blood tests bc of my pain, and a followup visit the next week. Tests came back negative and I asked to have the mirena removed at that appointment. Months later I was still having the same pain everyday so I called and asked if I could have pid from the mirena a d the nurse responded with "why would you think that" pid is a listed side effect of the mirena, I scheduled an appointment with abitz. At the appointment she asked me what was going on and told her that I have been having pain since the mirena. She looked at me and said, "well its not from the mirena because you had that removed, so when did that pain start?" I answered in December (when the mirena was placed) Since then she has ordered several tests, procedures and scans, which have all come back negative but still won't consider pid. I was referee to a gastroenterology specialist. When the Dr came in the room he had paper and pen in hand to take notes, he asked when the pain started, where the pain is, how bad the pain is, and if there is anything that causes the pain to get worse. After I answered all those questions he pressed on my abdomin to see where the pain was, and said I think you have pelvic inflammatory disease, and then started explaining to me what it was. I interrupted him and told him that I had told my dr this but she did not believe me. I could say a lot more about this, but feel I have the important parts in here, please choose a different doctor. Abitz does not listen, does not call back, and is barely ever in the office

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Abitz was my OB when I became pregnant with my daughter. At first I loved her because I was 19 and she bluntly told me what I need to do that was best for my baby. I felt it was very unprofessional when she continuously asked me if I wanted my baby because I was not married to the father. I looked away at that. In my checkups in my third trimester she continuously said she's dropping I feel her head. Well when I was 38 weeks along she found that my daughter was breeched. She scheduled me for a csection the following Friday. The day that was supposed to be the best day of my life turned out to be the worst. My daughter passed. She induced me and an hour left because her shift was over. She didn't even come in and check up on me I was left for the next dr who didn't even know me or my situation. Before she left she told me and the father that she approves of us trying again after 4 weeks even though she suggested me abording this child. At my appointment 6 weeks later it was a typical appointment but the main question she asked was if I have been eating and sleeping I responded not really. (Trying not to think about my deceased daughter) she responded with well it will change soon once the baby begins to sleep through the night. Just like a knife through my heart I looked at her and said my daughter is dead. She didn't even change her expression. Now two years later I find her known as the "baby killer" I know one in four women experience some sort of infant loss but I have researched all of our drs and found her to have the most reports of pregnancy loss. My advice is to listen to your maternal instinct and find a dr who cares about your child As much as you do.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. Abitz made it very clear she did not approve of me being a single mother. First off this was not her business. Second, i had a good job my own place and a car. She insisted i have an exam which had i known at the time i would have refused. The exam was unusually painful. Two days later i started spotting and then two weeks later i miscarried. She showed no compassion nor did she do any follow up or put me in contact with a miscarriage support group lime she stated she would. Worst doctor ever!She will have her judgement day and have to answer for what she did.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

dr.abitz is the most uncaring doc ive every had!!! Every vaginal exam she did while preggo I wouldbleed and be sore for days! Thank goodness for my obgyn specialist! If I wouldn't have had to go to a specialist my daughter wouldnt be here today. My specialist insisted in an uktrasound. Dr. Abitz said she wasnt giving me one because she saw no reason to. I told her that that's was fine n that ill call my specialist n let him know. After telling her that ,she reluctantly okayed my ultrasound. That night I got a call from my specialist saying my placenta was shutting down n I need to deliver asap. Once again abitz saw no problems with me or my baby and couldnt understand why I was to deliver asap. My specialist advised me to never go back to her. Had I not had my specialist looking out fir my baby and I, I wouldn't have my baby here with me. This woman (dr.abitz) shouldn't be in the med field at all! She is the mist uncaring and incompetent doc ive every met!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2014

Dr Abitz was the on call doctor when I called about a continuing migraine I have experienced for over a week now. She basically said I need to call someone else since she doesn't know me and my primary or urgent care could probably help me. I have never met my primary not have I met the urgent care staff so it would be no different than her assisting me until my doctor came back. Instead she basically told me to go kick rocks, I have never had a doctor basically give up on me at 37 weeks pregnant.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I had my frist baby before moving to Sheboygan, but since living here have been a patient of Dr. Abitz. She was my doctor for my second pregnancy, which I lost at 12 weeks, and she was compassionate, supportive, and answered my questions. She delivered my second baby about a year later and followed my birth plan and was, again extremely compasssionate towards me and what we had gone through with the previous pregnancy. She brought in the ultrasound machine just to reassure me there was a heart beat. I had a miscarriage, again, for my fourth pregnancy and Dr. Abitz performed the D&C and talked to me and continually asked how I was doing through out the procedure. I am pregnant for the 5th time now and wouldn't go to anyone else. Throughout all of my pregnancies Dr. Abitz was always available to answer questions, often calling during the evening or on weekends when needed. She is blunt, to the point, but not lackign compassion, skill, or knowledge.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2011

I really liked Dr. Abitz for the first part of my pregnancy. However, around 20 weeks I felt I was developing an infection and complained of it twice during my monthly appointments. Dr. Abitz assured me the symptoms I was experiencing was completely normal. I trusted her, and then when my water broke at 25 weeks d/t the infection, she didn't believe me and we waited for 3 hours for her to come to the hospital. After she confirmed that my water had broken, she said "the first thing you have to do is decide if we even want to save this baby." She said our baby would probably have all kinds of problems and if we decided to, we could just "let her go" at birth and try again in a few months. Dr. Abitz seems to have very strong opinions about who deserves to live and who deserves to die. We said we are not perfect and we don't expect her to be either. Our daughter was born 5 days later and is now a beautiful, healthy one year old and we thank god for her every day.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Abitz is very straight forward. She is sort of harsh in her approach. She is knowledgable and dealing with pregnancy is routine for her. She made me feel unimportant. I ended up having a miscarriage and having a D&C. She did not do the procedure however. When I had my follow-up appointment I was the last one of the day. She (and her staff) forgot about me. They actually turned out the lights and started saying good bye to each other before someone noticed that my exam room door was still closed!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011

Dr. Abitz was on call the night I went into labor with my son. She was not my doctor. I was scheduled to have a repeat C-section in a couple of days, but late into the evening, I went into labor on my own. She was paged, and told the nurses to give me a pill to stop the labor. It didn't work, so she had to come in and perform the C-section. She seemed annoyed and inconvenienced. When my son was born she didn't show any enthusiasm. She didn't even congratulate me. The birth of a baby might be a daily event for her, but it's still special. While she stitched me up, she socialized with the other staff in the OR about her weekend plans. I was less than impressed.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

Dr. Leslie C. Abitz's Credentials

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Human Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1985)