Ratings for Dr. Aidan Canning

unfortunately our family Dr is in hospital and this Clown was filling in for him I told him how I felt he took my blood pressure listened to my heart then wrote on a piece of paper atrial fibrillation gave it to me and told me to look it up online I could have a stroke then ushered me out of his office and told the receptionist to get me an appointment with Dr Ali asap. I was in shock because all I could think of was my aunt who was a cabbage for 6 months after a stroke before she died! Never before has a Dr told me to look something up on the internet! I have given the staff excellent because she is and I feel so sorry for her having to work for this Awful man.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

He should be disbarred. He is a quack. I tell him my problem & all he says is I am getting old, or tells me to stop looking up stuff on the computer. Refuses to give referals to specialists, I tried to get on disability & he screwed everything up. As a result I had to retire ealry on a very low pension I have trouble surviving on. I had to retire before they fired me do to my forgeting my duties at work 2.5 yr ago. Now I think alzheimers is kicking in and I want to get a brain scan & all he said was , ah you were always forgetfull. My mother died from this decease and I was born premature by 1 & half months. He always just says your just getting old. Have tried to get referals with different specialists and always get refused. He walkd into a rm full of patients and hands out pills like he in a card game. I had a very exstream cold virus last yr and finally the 3th wk he gave me an antibiotic after my 3 th visit. he just kept telling me it will have to run it course.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

great doctor. all the negative comments from the jerks that want to talk about there problem for ever, and he does not have time to listen to these idiots

flag | Submitted April 15, 2010

Best doctor in sarnia. No screwing around, to the point, excellent diagnostic skills.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2009

My husband likes him,,I find him rude and sarcastic,when I dared to offer an opinion I was told that I had been reading too many Readers digest articles!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2009

Dr. Canning acts like he.s some kind of God, he's Old School! he's not up on the consequences of mixing meds with other meds, and probably hasnt been educated on prescription drugs and the dangers of some, since he started his practice years ago!!. When i went to him, he asked me what i needed, without even knowing me that well, i could of said, give me anything and he would of wrote a prescription,scared me that way!! i want a Dr. that cares, not that pushes pills not knowing me or if they.re safe for me. He's probably got all his patients hooked on prescription drugs, just so they keep coming back to him to keep him in business. He.s too quick to pull out his prescription pad. He should be put out to paster!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

This doctor does occassionally work at a walk in clinic. My child has had chronic ear infections and had tubes put in. Now he gets ear infections approx. 3 times a year. He is supposed to have a special antibiotic to clear up his infections. My husband had to beg Dr. Canning for a prescription then Dr. Canning refused to prescribe the specific antibiotic for my son. He asked my husband where he got his medical degree. Keep in mind that this rudeness occurred just before Christmas. The antibiotic did not work for my son and he had to return to our family doctor to get the proper antibiotic. Of course, by then the infection had spread to both ears and he had the infection for the entire Christmas season. How wonderful! This doctor needs to spend some time with sick children to develop some compassion. Refusing to prescribe antibiotics doesn't stop the superbugs!! No one wants to go to these clinics anyway! We only go if we are really sick because we are treated like cattle!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2009

Didn't seem to care about really listening to problems. Called my family stupid people.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

Dr Canning should have his medical licence removed. I didn't press charges against him because he golfed with my father. I was getting a renewal (I didn't have a family doctor and he was the ONLY one in the county who was taking patients). He refused to renew my antidepressants until he checked my "boobs". When I asked for samples of medication, he opened his closet and let me pick, pointing out various brands that were NOT the type I was on and could have been potentially harmful. He also made my beautiful friend with a sprained ankle be examined while she was totally nude - no sheet or gown. This man is putting in time until retirement, should not be trusted around women, and anyone who trusts their health/life with him is nuts. (BTW, my dad says he's an @sshole and that I should have complained to the medical board).

flag | Submitted November 6, 2008

Not a good doctor, seems to be just filling in time. I got a new doctor at my very first opportunity and I would not recommend him at all. When my mom goes there he tells her she is just getting old and is not very helpful to her. No bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008