Ratings for Dr. Patricia Mark

Reading these reviews, it is hard to believe we are talking about the same person ! Dr Mark has been my GP for 25 years until her recent retirement. Through serious and minor illnesses she has provided excellent care. Proscribing appropriate medication when needed and referring me to specialists in a timely manner. During my first appointment with her in 1991, she explained her policy to me. We were in a partnership in my health care. Both working together to keep me well. I acknowledge that she was a very busy physician but never felt rushed. I was certainly never treated rudely. I am 70 years old and she is the best doctor I have ever had. I shall miss her.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

This woman has a god complex better hope she doesn't have to cover for your own family doctor. She doesn't listen is not helpful will change your medications and tell you not to talk to her about what ever topic i felt like driving into a wall after being made to see her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Dr. Patty Mark is both extremely rude and unprofessional. Inappropriately, she utilizes foul language and yells at both patients and staff. She posses an extreme lack of patience. I would not recommend her as she isn't a kind, compassionate, respectful, professional or caring individual.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I found her to be very approachable and easy to talk to . She was very understandable and easy to get along with , also as accommodating as time would allow , and rebooked me as quickly as she could for my treatment commencement. After reading the comments on here I went in a little bit scared but I came out very relieved !going to have a good weekends knowing she can help me !! She's on my side !

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I had to laugh as I read the reviews. She scared the heck out of me the first time I met her in the hospital! Yes, Dr. Mark is brusque, outspoken, and always in a hurry. She will call you on your issues. Patience is not one of her virtues. However it comes out, and it will usually be sharp, she is on her patient's side. All that ferocity, that is not comfy to be on the receiving end of, is tremendously effective when aimed at red tape on your behalf. I don't enjoy the way she does it, but, I do feel that: her many years of experience are a huge asset, she is a good, and in her own way, a very understanding, compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2011

In my opinion Dr Mark is long overdue for retirement. She was our family doctor for 15 years. Due to her aggressive unprofessional response to a health concern during my last appointment, I have had to change doctors. I do not recommend this doctor and am considering laying a complaint with the college of physicians, which prevents me from giving details on this site. I believe she was a good doctor at one time, but is angry and out of control now

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

Our doctor for 18 years, very helpful, courteous,knowledgeable and always refers us to specialists when she feels this is necessary.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

This old horse should be sent to the Knackers Yard. When I visited her, I suggested what my problem may be. She disagreed. The next time when I was in, the student Doctor suggested the same thing that I had said but this time she agreed?!? This is after I could hear her talk bad of me while I was waiting in her office. DO NOT suggest anything with this so-called Doctor and don't even dream of connecting two ailments because you'll have to make two seperate visits anyway plus come away with no solution! She doesn't even care to know of your family health history thus assisting with solving any problems. You are cattle to her! And to add insult to injury, she has quotes on her wall from one of the greatest leaders of the 20th century, Field Marshall Bernard Montgomery. She should stick to the pictures of her family and knick-knacks. What an insult to a Man who looked after his troops and to the MSP paying public of BC. DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND STAY CLEAR!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

My mom would have been 69 years old this week. She has been gone 10 years after a battle with liver cancer which spread from colon cancer. Had Dr. Mark diagnosed her correctly there may have been enough time to effectively treat the colon cancer. Instead, Dr. Mark diagnosed her with hemmoroids. After months of frustration and exams, my mom requested an appointment with a specialist. The specialist found the tumour immediately and operated successfully on the colon. The liver cancer was terminal. My mom trusted Dr. Mark and precious time was wasted. After the cancer was found, we never heard from Dr. Mark - not to check on my mom or extend any empathy. I can only guess it was because she felt responsible. We did not pursue legal action as my mom needed positive energy to fight the cancer. Also, she was a nurse, so I am not sure she would have wanted us to pursue this. Please, INSIST Dr. Mark LISTEN to you, and request a specialist/another doctor if you are unsatisfied.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2009