Ratings for Dr. Stan Oleksinski

You had better hope and pray you never develop dementia while in his care. My father had a significant worsening of his dementia after developing an infection this spring...this lead to a sustained period of delirium. This doctor failed to see it for what it actually was and as a result my father was completely mismanaged...Dr Oleksinski prescribed numerous medications that are not recommended for people who suffer with dementia...the side effects caused my father to become more confused, agitated, sleepless and unsteady on his feet to the point of falling repeatedly while in hospital. Our family did our best to help bring in resources and request specialist involvement to help this doctor understand what was happening and assist him to give my father the appropriate care. He seemed to prefer to write my father off as old and now senile...not following medication recommendations made by other health professionals. He wouldn't even say hello to my Dad when making his daily rounds. As a family we were absolutely disgusted by the care he failed to give our Dad. Adios Dr Oleksuckski!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Awesome doctor. My family has had him since 1998. He is a very approachable doctor that knows his job as a family doctor in a very professional manner.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2016

My previous dr moved back home to Australia so i was very fortunate to get Dr O. I was very sick when my dr left and dr o took me in with great concern. He has been just wonderful for me and my health issues. He is not afraid to refer you to specialist. DR O is just amazing, very down to earth and listens to your concerns! AMAZING Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

He's the best. We have been his patients since 1998. I will not change doctors as he's known me very well and I regard him as one of the if not the best family doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Exceptional doctor. I feel lucky to be one of his patients seeing as he's not taking any new one's.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

DR O is like family hes such a wonderful dr he takes the time to listen and actually cares whats wrong. He is very punctual

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

I started seeing Dr. Oleksinski recently as a new patient. My experience was quite good. He was knowledgeable and thorough ... I will continue to see him as my family Doctor.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Dr. Oleksinski is a great doctor who communicates very well with his patients.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2011

I have gone to Dr.O for years..and have always found him to be a good doctor. Though I do have some complaints. When I was pregnant with my son...he always seemed rushed with my appointments. In fact when we first got to hear the heartbeat...he was so rushed...we didn't even hear it properly, and felt like we were bothering him in asking to hear it again.He likes to hand out prescriptions, and send you on your way.Theres been a few times where I felt more needed to be investigated..but again he just gave me pills, and that was it.I have now changed doctors, and find my new doctor waaay more investigative then Dr.O.Sadly..Dr.O seems to be the more patients he gets...the less time he has to give to you...which is mainly why I have switched.Years and years ago when he wasn't so popular...he was wonderful..but now as he has become the doctor to go to...I find him unable to give you the time as before.:(

flag | Submitted June 5, 2010

Very nice. Takes time to explain things. The only thing I dont like is he likes to fill you up on perscriptions...almost like he gets commission on them.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009