Ratings for Dr. Lorne Finkelstein

Was my wife's 1st visit and she was naturally concerned. Dr. Finkelstein put her at complete ease, took the time to explain her condition which he explained he has had it for 15 years and he is still able to enjoy a full life. She came away confident that he will be able to help her manage her condition in order to have surgery at some point in the future. We were very impressed with his knowledge and manner.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

I think Dr. Finkelstein is the best. He saved my life. He noticed a tiny bit of ambiguity on one of the diagnostic tests. While it would have been medically reasonable to do nothing further, he recommended a further test, which unexpectedly found the underlying issue. If I had not agreed to that suggestion, I would not be here to write this.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Very simply stated, Dr. Finkelstein saved my life.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Quite frankly I am surprised by some of the negative ratings for Dr. Finkelstein. I attended Dr. Finkelstein yesterday and my experience was a very positive one. My expectations when seeing a consultant are three. A sense of comfort, a sense of informative knowledge, and a sense of humour. If I get all 3, I rate my visit as successful. Dr. Finkelstein exceeded in all three, therefore I was very satisfied.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

The previous comments couldn't be more offensive or misleading to those patients, like myself. I see Dr.Lorne Finkelstein as very professional and also very compassionate when it comes to the best of care for his patient and the concern of his/her family. I have been in and out of hospital lately and I have every confidence in Dr.Finkelstein to address my concerns on a professional and personal level. There are very few physicians that make house calls anymore but we did receive a phone call one Saturday morning to make sure that we were brought up-to-date with the findings. Dr.Finkelstein goes above and beyond to help put his patients at ease, as does the cheerful receptionist named Tammy. Contrary to what the previous patient had to say, we have only good things to say about Dr.Lorne Finkelstein.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Though he may have some basic technical knowledge, Lorne Finkelstein has not demonstrated any interest in my experience of heart problems, on in what his instruments have to say. Instead of listening to me, his patient, he likes to use me as a captive audience to either promote his personal interests or belittle what I say. As an educated professional I find this entirely unacceptable and will speak to my family physician and ask for another referral.

Submitted September 21, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Finkelstein's for approximately 7 years. On our initial visit with Dr. Finklestein, we found him to be very thorough and efficient. Dr. Finklestein had asked a lot of questions and did some testing in his office. Other tests were ordered and we were back in his office with the results very quickly. He explained the diagnosis thoroughly and was very compassionate. Since that day I have had by-pass surgery and other complications. Dr. Finkelstein has always been there for my wife and I and we both have to say we very much enjoy our visits with him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I have been seen by Dr. Finkelstein on 2 occasions. At my first appointment I was very nervous and the Doctor picked up on that right away. Instead of going straight to his notes and my consultation, he took the time to talk to me as a person. I found him engaging and warm. He has a great sense of humour which helped to calm me down. When reviewing my history he was very thorough and did not rush through the questions. He took a lot of time explaining my diagnosis. By the time I left his office I was no longer a nervous wreck. I actually left smiling. The Doctor was just as wonderful at my 2nd appointment.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

I went to Dr Finkelstein Twice. That was more than enough. He doesn't listen to what his patients tell him and goes off on his own tangent which has nothing to do with the patient. Worse, his arrogence is exceeded only by his ignorance. There are much better cardiologists in Hamilton so don't waste your time on this guy.

Submitted October 4, 2014

Does not have proper bedside manner and does not know how to be compassionate or caring with patients.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012