Ratings for Dr. R. Kagee

Saw Dr. Kagee this afternoon at Khatsalano on Broadway for a tetanus shot. Very polite, friendly, knowledgeable guy. Excellent bedside manner. However, he seemed to be in a bit of a hurry but maybe thats because he knows that it can get pretty busy at the Khatsalano on Broadway. I'd go back again and I'd recommend anyone to him!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2012

Misdiagonised cancer,...how on earth is this a good doctor? Luckly I am now with Dr.Cote and he takes the time to figure out what's giong on and the underline problem of things.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Told me there couldn't be something wrong with me, when I described symptoms, and said he wasn't going to do anything. Yet symptoms weren't going away, so got a second opinion. The subsequent xray that this doctor requisitioned showed the problem very clearly.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2010

Ex doctor for many reasons - including once he ordered some tests and referred me to a specialist for whom I had to wait many months. When I went back to see Kajee about my test results he said they have not arrived, I'll follow up. Never received a follow up call but I called before my long awaited appointment with the specialist. The staff said my results were in but there was no need to come in as the results showed nothing of concern. They also did not send my test results to the specialist. After my appointment with the specialist, during which he mentioned that if the tests did not show anything then it's unlikely to be that serious - I went to see Kajee a few months later and by chance mentioned that the tests showed nothing. He was surprised - and proceeded to tell me the tests showed all these anomalies! Wow - it would have been helpful to let me know at some point during all those months, AND to give the test results to my specialist - don't you think?!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

DR. KAGEE IS MY DOCTOR IN VANCOUVER, B.C. THEREFORE, YOU ARE NOT GETTING HIM BACK, OTHER THAN THE SHORT STINT HE IS DOING CURRENTLY FOR THREE WEEKS. HE HAS SAVED MY LIFE. IN VANCOUVER, GENERALLY SPEAKING, YOU WILL GET AN APPOINTMENT ALMOST IMMEDIATELY, PROVIDING IT IS NOT A SPECIALIST AND YOU WILL HAVE A THREE-FIVE MINUTE APPOINTMENT WITH A DOCTOR. I AM A SENIOR, AND HAD I NOT MET DR. KAGEE, I AM NOT SURE I WOULD STILL BE ALIVE. HE HAS TAKEN CARE OF THE BUSINESS WHICH MY OTHER DOCTOR HAD NOT. MY OTHER DOCTOR USED TO SAY, "IT IS YOUR DIET." DR. KAGEE LET ME KNOW I AM DIABETIC AND REFERS ME TO SPECIALISTS. I MIGHT ADD, IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE PROBLEMS IN ALBERTA, BC LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED WHEN IT COMES TO FINDING A GOOD GP, AND, I MAY ADD, ONE WHO GIVES YOU THE TIME OF DAY WHEN YOU ARE A SENIOR. I WAS SHOCKED TO READ SOME OF THE PREVIOUS STATMENTS AND CAN ONLY ASSUME HE HAD WORKED AROUND THE CLOCK. I CAN ASSURE YOU, IT IS NOT THE DOCTOR I HAVE COME TO KNOW.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Dr. Kagee is very nice and pleasant--doesn't rush you. However, I found he didn't take some of my concerns re: my baby and my health seriously. He just kept saying everything was normal even though we were really struggling.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

Dr. Rafeeg Kagee made me come in multiple times for non-essential visits. It seemed he was more worried about billing my health care multiple times than he was with my concerns. I usually waited 45 min to speak to him but he spent no more than 5 minutes with me. Although his demeanor can be good, I found him to be condescending at times and unwilling to help. After my car accident, he charged my lawyer $387 for a report that said that "patient has whiplash". I can fill out a report saying the same thing for half. Any takers?

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Kagee for about a year now. I thought he was better than most that I have seen out there. I was wrong. His stupid laugh just about sends me over the edge! He was an hour late for my appointment, and when I said I was in a hurry he responded that I should rebook. What, and wait another hour another day. Yeah right. I asked him several questions, and he didn't know the answer, just old me to continue doing what I have been doing. I guess it doesn't matter that I have migraines about 10 times a month! I won't go back. A walk-in doctor has got to be better!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008

Dr. Kagee is my family doctor and I have been to see him several times. I am not happy with his care and will not be going to see him anymore. I went to him for a physical and he was not very thorough. I told him that I was planning to get pregnant soon and wanted to know what I should be doing to prepare. He ignored my question. I went to see him another time about various skin conditions. He basically said that I was stupid for even asking about them and walked out the door before the conversation was finished. On the other hand I have seen Dr. Maiter at the same clinic (she happens to be Dr. Kagee's wife) and found her to be an excellent doctor. She explained what I had to me, told me what to do, gave me a free sample of medication to treat it, and did not leave until the conversation was finished. Unfortunately she is not accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2008

Saw Dr. Kagee once and have full intentions to go back. Dr. Kagee is a wonderful and talented doctor.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2008