Ratings for Dr. Dilrukshi Annakkage

She is always late for all my scheduled appointments. It ranges from 45mins to 2hours late....just terrible punctuality.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Annakkage for years, and she's excellent. I have had a few problems for which she has referred me to an appropriate specialist, but for general concerns she has always been attentive and thoughtful, and put me right at ease. You do have to book far in advance, and recognize that as an on-call doctor she may be late for appointments, but I think that is normal for most health care practitioners and just prepare accordingly. I have had no issues with the care she has provided, and would recommend her to others.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Doctor hours are very part time. Can't call in advance to kake an appt late in the day as she books starting in the morning and will only show up at clinic if she needs to. Very part time hours. Long wait times with scheduled appt. too much time from work to adjust to her availability. Need to find a more more available dr.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

Went into emergency on a Wednesday night because I had found a lump on my breast. She personally phoned my thursday to say she had me an appt in Wpg to have it checked out Friday

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Very nice doctor and understanding. I had a couple questions and she took care of it all. Would recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

Worst doctor I've ever had. Very judgemental and assumes things without knowing any facts. Needs to stop and listen to her patients without thinking of herself as 'all-knowing' doctor. Instead of giving advice she needs to be open to taking some.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

Looking for a new GP because the office staff is incompetant!!! I've been seeing Dr. Annakkage for a while know and have been very patient with her lateness. It really does getting annoying when you call ahead to ask if she is running on time, so you can adjust the time you leave from work, everytime you get the response that she is on time and you end up waiting over 45 minutes. I find that when you are referred to a specialist it takes FOREVER for the office staff to send the referral letter. I told Dr. Annakkage when I was 8 weeks pregnant that I would like to be referred to a specific OB to continue seeing me till our baby was born. I phoned every week for four weeks till I finally received confirmation that the letter was sent when I was 16 weeks along. Does it honestly take 8 weeks to send a referral letter??? Looking to switch GP just because I feel the office staff is highly incapable...this didn'y just happen to me either, they were slow with my dad's referrals too.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

Doctor A. is my daughter's doctor she is so very caring has called our home various times to check on her. my daughter is under a specialist care now and dr A. cares enough to check on her. Keep up the good work Doctor A.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

Won't refer me to a specialist that I need to see desperately. Been waiting at least a year now(in pain). Always late for appointments. Consistently walks out on me during my visit, saying she'll be right back. Don't know where she goes, but she comes back about 20 minutes later. Diagnosed me wrong & had me take the wrong pills for about a year. Mistake was picked up when I got so sick I had to go to Emergency. I think I need a new doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

After waiting forever in emergency in a Winnipeg hospital with our daughter doubled over in painhad and seeing no signs of her being able to see a doctor anytime soon, we went to the Stonewall doctor's office and were set up to see Dr. Annakkage. Dr. Annakkage immediately admitted our daughter to hospital, lab work done and by later in the day it was determined that she had a 6cm plus ovarian cyst. Even after a couple of weeks of seeing Dr. Annakkage and the great gynaecologist that Dr. Annakkage had recommended, Dr Annakkage phoned our home to see how she was doing. How often do you hear of that! About half a year later I went to go see Dr. Annakkage and she still remembered my daughter and the cyst she had. I was really impressed by this with all the patients that she would have seen since first seeing my daughter. I would highly recommend Dr. Annakkage, she is a very dedicated, caring and thorough doctor. Hats off to her !

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009