Ratings for Dr. Dubravka Rakic

Dr. Rakic prescribed Diane 35 for my daughters acne in 2012. She had no knowledge of this drug or it's side effects. Our daughter died of a massive blood clot in January of 2013 after seeing Dr. Rakic only two days earlier. Dr. Rakic thought she may have a virus. Although this was a terrible tragedy when we went in to see Dr. rakic afterwards she kept us waiting for over an hour in the waiting room. I believe that Dr. Rakic is too busy to practice medicine and should reconsider her career.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Nice Dr., very helpful with a lot of experience in solvin medical problems.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

My Father saw her after experiencing symptoms of a heart attack. She diagnosed him with the stomach flu. Two years later we have discovered he actually did have a heart attack, and there is extensive damage to his heart. She continues to treat him, even though she is a Pediatrician with no expertise with geriatric patients. Ahe treated his symptoms of worsening Edema for 2 years with diuretics without ever investigating the root cause. It wasn't untiI attended an appointment with my Father and insisted on further tests that she ordered an ECG. That was qhen we discovered that my Father had had a heart attack while under her care, and she had no idea. At least now he will see a Cardiologist and get proper care. See more about her here https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/life/health_wellness/2013/10/19/calgary_teen_was_slowly_dying_and_didnt_know_it.html#ampshare=https://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2013/10/19/calgary_teen_was_slowly_dying_and_didnt_know_it.html

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

Great Doctor and a great person.Very nice lady and although just see her for routine things I have been very happy.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I jumped from one doctor to the other until I found Dr. Rakic. She is very knowledgeable and best of all she gives you the time you need, answers all your questions and is honest. I always refer people to see her and they are as satisfied as I am. Great Doctor and a great person.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

Not good at all, very impatient and doesn't listen. Also seems to have very little knowledge, especially regarding infants and small children. Go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Does not greet you even for the first appointment. Bad people skills; does not seem to be patient enough to finish listening to my narrative.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

I find Dr. Rakic to be thorough, practical and a good listener. When I ask questions (which is my job as a person responsible for myself and children) , she gives me options, scenarios and a straight answer. If she doesn't know or is guessing, she says that instead of pretending to be all-knowing. She seems to have no problem referring to a specialist if she sees a need. Punctuality is not her strong point but I guess she takes more time with the patients that need it, like us. I had Dr. Rakic in Cochrane until the practice group moved/merged/changed and she left. We LOVED her. I have found her in Calgary and am thrilled and hoping she will take us on again. I cannot comment on her current staff as my appointment isn't until Friday.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

I visisted this doctor from the very first appointment. She rushes through every appointment and is not thorough. She has given me 3 requisition forms to have an ultrasound performed. After each ultrasound when I visit Dr. Rakic, she asks me if I've had an ultrasound done yet. I asked her to look up my file and see if the results look alright but she says they aren't in her system so that means she has literally not looked up a single one of my results. I told her last time at the beginning of the appt that I was told by the ultrasound technician that my placenta was close to my cervix... at the end of the appt, she pretends that she's seen my ultrasound and repeats to me what I had told her at the start (nice try). I provide a urine sample at every appt, she has never checked the results (for preeclampsia)until I told her that I'd wait for my results (she started rambling and blamed her staff for not having results). Literally, laziest and worst dr I have ever visited.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013