Ratings for Dr. Katie Houts

great... very helpful... she was right on....i will go back

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

She was the on-call Dr. when I was called by my normal doctors office ( my doctor was out of town) to immediately go to the hospital to deliver my baby. While checking how dialated I was, i've never felt such pain before ( this was my fourth pregnancy). She was rough and very quick and I never did understand what the urgency of me having to deliver my baby that day was. right before i was to push, she walked out of the room , no where to be found. my nurse pract. was running through the halls yelling for Dr. Houts because i needed to push. After delivery, while getting the placenta out, the way she pushed on my stomach hurt more than the labor itself. my Nurss pract. had to step in and maker her stop so i can actually take a breath. That was the most traumatizing delivery i've ever had. shes not one to really care about how you feel. she just wants to get it done and over with was the impression i got.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2011

I saw her at a small town ER for a sinus infection. After being miserable for 2 weeks I finally went in and she was the dr on shift. She told me that an antibiotic wouldn't do me any good and I just needed to treat it w OTC meds. After 2 more days I ended up going back to the town where I live as I was visiting some family. I got into my PCP and now have bronchitis, a sinus infection and an ear infection...most of which could have been halted w the simple antibiotic I requested. All in all, I had just takend her word and tried the OTC meds thinking that she MUST know what she's talking about, but ended up being miserable in the end. The worst part of the whole thing-the town I was visiting is pretty small and they have trouble getting drs to come to that area. How many others had a bad experience that will just fuel the "small town Drs are quacks" fire?

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Dr. Katie Houts's Credentials

• OREGON HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1996)

MB Health