Ratings for Dr. Sandra G. Sattin

Dr Sattin is the best doctor that I ever had. She takes care of me and my daughter and we've been with her for over 15 years. I love her, she is patient, knowledgeable, caring, concerning. Her husband is aweosme as well!

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Nearly all of the staff, particularly those at the front desk and on the telephone, are rude. This rudeness is in the form of brusque, rushed and unresponsive comments with the appearance of lacking compassion or even interest in the paying public/patient. Wait time is less than desirable with both having to wait in common area before called back and more waiting in the exam room before the physician appears. Dr. Sattin herself is knowledgeable, thorough and listens. She does not like to be questioned or hear from a patient with thoughts/opinions/research on the medical situation that prompted the visit.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

After seeing Dr. Sattin a couple of times based on a recommendation from a friend, I am sorry to say I have moved on to another doctor for one issue and back to an old doctor for another. The office staff is generally rude. In fact when I called to cancel my followup appt, they didn't even ask why or offer to reschedule. This same person had called me several weeks ago to give me test results basically told me they had ordered a medical device without even consulting me about the use or the cost. When asked about that, she said the medical device co. would go over all that. The co. was quite surprised that my doctor had not taken time to review that and they said that was the doctor's responsibility. I canceled the device. Then I had x-rays to find arthritis in my ankles. Didn't need an x-ray to tell me that. Guess what, 4 weeks later, I am still waiting for a phone call with the results. So I'm finished with this doctor before I hardly got started. And it's off to a new doc.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr.Sattin's staff is terrible when Dana is there. Dana is so rude on the phone and in person. I can't believe someone got her pregnant! Now she'll be fat & still ugly. Years ago I would have given Sattin a 5, but she like the other person noted, she has her days, esp. the last few years. Lately, U never know which Sattin gonna come thru the door. Also, She had to nerve to be indifferent to me when I told her that I do most of my own preliminary research b4 I see her as if a patient is suppose to rely on her word alone. Her word alone still hasn't determined about 3 things that I went to see her for over those years. She needs to accept that she is not a specialist, nor does she know everything, and to be thankful for having educated patients who have the wherewithal to help themselves while imparting their condition to her. Overall, I give her a 3 for the last few years.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

Dr Sattin is bright, knowledgeable, talks to you in simple terms yet also does not treat you like a dummy. Emphasizes lifestyle changes rather than treating chronic diseases e.g losing weight rather than treating diabetes later in life. Saved my brother-in-law's life, she picked up something no one else did. She also solved a very embaressing issue with me (flatulence), something a lot of other DRs never could. However, a caveat: please note she is (rightfully) a little harder on folks who don't do the lifestyle changes she requests, e.g., exercise, losing weight, eating healthier, stopping drinking, stopping smoking etc.) as she knows these are essential to keeping people healthy. Only complaint is she tends to over-medicate on psychological issues but other than that is by far the best DR I have ever had! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! She is now our entire family's doctor (10+ of us) plus in-laws, etc.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Dr. Sattin is a fantastic physician. She keeps pace with medicine as it evolves, not content to just be a 'good' doctor. She demonstrates true concern and caring for her patients and often spends extra time to get to know you. She is the first doctor I have used who checked my blood pressure in both arms, several times over 10 minutes, and the only non cardiologist who noticed and detected my nearly silent murmur. My only complaints are the wait time, (and I believe this is because she is thorough and often takes more than typical 'alloted' time with her patients) and difficulty in contacting the office. If they are closed, you can't leave a message, email, etc - your only option is to use St. Agnes Hospital's on call MD's. No disrespect to them, but I want to be able to leave a message for MY doctor, not talk to the resident of the day. All in all, I can hardly say enough good about Dr. Sattin as a physician.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

She is usually very patient with me but has her days sometimes. But overall I really like her.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Sattin is always patient and helpful. She never rushes you.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Dr. Sandy is a fantastic Dr. she never rushes you, listens to your concerns, diagnosis and follow up is exceptional, also saved me a trip to emergency room by performing procedure in her office saving me time and money. I would highly reccommend her to any one seeking a great family Dr.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2007

Dr. Sattin is simply wonderful. She is very personable, helpful, caring, and understanding. Her recommendations and treatments have always resolved my problems or ailments quickly. Of all the doctors I have had in the past she truly takes an interest in her patients which is why I will continue to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2006

Dr. Sandra G. Sattin's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

GHI