Ratings for Dr. Barry E. Kenneally

I have been seeing Dr. Kenneally for years to treat the pain in my knees caused by arthritis and lack of cartilage. He is always professional and I was excited to hear that I could see him in New Jersey after moving from Philadelphia.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

When he walked in Dr Kenneally was extremely short. Didn’t ask many questions or discuss options. And when trying to discuss pain in knee his comment back was “what do you want me to do”. Proceeded to give cortisone shot. Which will hopefully help. But NEVER suggested icing or heat or ibuprofen. Was anxious to get right out of room. I am in my upper 70’s and never have experienced a doctor this inconsiderate. Will not be returning to see him. Going to different location. Staff was great.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Dr. Barry E. Kenneally's response
Dear Patient, We would love to talk with you directly to gather more detail about your experience. Our goal is to exceed patient expectations and we are so sorry to learn that we didn't come through for you. Please contact us at 267-339-3689 if interested in discussing further. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Submitted March 19, 2018

I have no idea how Dr. Keneally has gotten so many negative reviews! I've been seeing him at Rothman at the Nove Care, and he has been nothing but caring. He does have a quiet demeanor, but does not have a negative bedside manner. He's just a quiet Dr., but a doctor that will listen to you and answer any questions you have! I've had 4 gel injections from him, and am finally feeling back to my old self again. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Keneally!! Please don't pay attention to the negative reviews...he doesn't deserve any of them!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I have seen Dr. Kenneally for the last 4 years. He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. He has answered every question I ask and help me find an ankle specialist. I have recommend him to others people and have not heard of any problems in fact they all liked him .Gracie is very nice also

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I saw Dr. Kenneally for l knee pain. He did 4 "gel' injections over 4 weeks. By the 2nd injection I was in terrible pain,told him his reply,"you have arthritis,arthritis hurts." He has the bedside manner of a potato. I finished all the shots in awful pain. I will never go back there again. I went bacause it was a Rothman clinic. On 3rd visit, I was crying, he said I was the only one who cried in his office.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Barry E. Kenneally's response
Dear Patient, Your feedback translates into a huge opportunity for improvement on our part. We appreciate and value your comments and would like to discuss your concerns further. If interested, please contact us at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Submitted August 1, 2016

I am absolutely DISGUSTED with DR. Keneally's bedside manner. I saw him 2-3 years ago for the first time for knee pain and he recommended physical therapy. I tried it and didn't seem to work. Over time the pain went away on its own until recently. I made an appointment for May 5, got X-rays done in house and when he went over them, he never explained what was wrong. Spent the entire 5 minutes he was in the room silently reading a report. He finally said he wanted an MRI for further detail and didn't even come back in the room when he went to get the prescription for it, his nurse gave it to me. Did a follow up appointment just today, June 3rd, and needless to say I won't be back. MRI showed a small radial tear in the left leg. When we looked for answers to why I'm having pain in the front of the knees, he gave my mother a look like she's the one who's supposed to know what's wrong with me! Again he recommended physical therapy. When she mentioned about the medication he gave for the pain not working, all he said was "The therapy will take care of it" Already have a 2nd opinion scheduled for June 21st at a different hospital. No compassion for his patients whatsoever! Don't walk away from him, RUN!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. Barry E. Kenneally's response
Dear Patient, Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the less than satisfactory experience you had with our office and would love the opportunity to discuss further with you. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Submitted June 7, 2016

I am surprised to see such negative comments. I saw Dr Kenneally for pain in my right arm due to my osteochondromas. He was very thorough, gave sound advice and answered all of my questions. He has a quiet demeanor but did not come across as arrogant or rude. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. Kenneally diagnosed my extreme hip pain as arthritis from xray and said severe thigh muscle pain was caused by the moderate arthritis, Still unable to walk without severe pain revisited Kenneally two weeks later. He reiterated same diagnosis offered no more help and casually suggested that I would need a hip replacement if this "bump" continued. One third visit requested a cortisone shot he again suggested a hip replacement if not relief. It was my internist who later suggested physical therapy which provided vast relief along with thigh strengthening exercises on the web. A second opinion from another orthopedist said that I actually had bursitis which was relieved by ice, physical therapy and exercising. Dr appeared to be uncaring and rushed to (mis)diagnoses without suggesting PT. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

This was the worst experience of my life to be in pain and go see a dr that didn't even care He has the worst bedside manner ever ! He didn't show any compassion or caring about me as patient he was in such a rush to get me out the office he never even looked at me he asked me 2 questions pulled up my X-rays told me I have several slip disk from the fall & that I should take a steroid & go back to work in a few days

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

This doctor had the WORST BEDSIDE MANNER I have ever experienced. If it weren't for the office manager being so pleasant I would have left in tears. He is condescending, abrasive and dismissive. Three qualities that one should not use to describe medical care. Especially from a specialist.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

Dr. Barry E. Kenneally's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Barry Kenneally is a nonsurgical sports medicine physician who treats a wide variety orthopedic problems in athletes and non-athletes as well as patients with non-operative orthopedic oncologic conditions. He is from the area and enjoys providing care to his fellow native Philadelphians. He is board certified in nonsurgical sports medicine and family medicine. He works with numerous athletes and teams in the area to treat sports injuries and help them to compete. He also treats many former athletes and non-athletes who have more chronic conditions. Dr. Kenneally is involved in writing articles and textbooks in sports medicine and also lectures on various topics in the field. Dr. Kenneally serves as an assistant Team Physician for the Philadelphia 76ers.

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1992)

MSP/BC Med