Ratings for Dr. Joyce A. Alves

She does not give you the time of day. I feel like just a 'number' with her. I've been trying to deal with depression for over 4 years with her and each time she just gives me another medication to try without actually giving the least bit of care. Instead of talking to me about my symptons, she gives you a questioneer to fill out.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Late. To the point of me walking out. How are you 45 minutes late after only being open 30 minutes? Assistant and/or staff lied on my profile stating they called and mailed me about an abnormal pap. Took them 10 months to finally get a hold of me, only to be 45 minutes late for the appointment. If I showed up 45 minutes late, I'd have a $50 no-show fee. My time if worth just as much as hers. She was always rushed and seemed eager to leave and move on to the next patient. A few years back she repeatedly misdiagnosed my PNEUMONIA as allergies! Went to Rt. 6 Walk-In for an actual CORRECT diagnosis.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Overall excellent knowledgeable caring physician. She cares for my whole fMily

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Did not spend enough time to diagnose. Abrupt and condescending attitude. Will not return.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2012

She is very sweet and caring. Great doctor for any age. The office visits are quick and you barely have enough time to get to a chair and sit when they call you in. I've been with her for over 3 years and I love the whole staff. It's really a family proctice, your a name to them, not a number. If she can't handle your case because it is too specialised she has a wide range of specialty doctors that can take care of you. She is very well known by other specialty doctors and they all have high regards for her.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008

Dr. Joyce A. Alves's Credentials

• Univ Of New England, Coll Of Osteo Med, Biddeford Me 04005 (Grad. 1994)

AARP