Ratings for Dr. Peter Hopp

My appointment from start to finish was under 30 minutes. Well organized office staff had the preliminaries done quickly and Dr. Hopp was there within two minutes to see me and the results. Not always that way, he says. Sometimes there’s a wait.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

My local optometrist after discovering I had a tear in my retina recommended I see Dr. Hopp. He was able to fit me in the very same day -- considering how busy he is, this was very good news. Other than the receptionist who is very curt, I found the staff to be very good. Dr. Hopp wasn't very communicative but I have found very few specialist are. My optometrist sais that she considered Dr. Hopp to be the best in the interior.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

I realize everything all are saying but in his defence I was told by my own eye doctor that Dr. Hopp see's about 150 patients everyday and my eye dr. said he is over whelmed when he see's 25 patients. That works out about 18 minutes per patient in a 8 hour day and less if he see's more. The whole office is over worked and don't know how anybody can deal with 150 patients and even more in one day. If anybody is to blame it would be our medical system to put such an impossible work load on anybody. Who in their right mind would spend time talking to patients, he doesn't have time. We need more doctors here in Kamloops that can help out this poor over worked man. I'm sure if he only saw 20 patients he might spend more time being friendly to you. So next time you are not happy with him, think about his work load. INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

Dr Hopp just did a second interocular transplant on me yesterday. My first was 6 weeks ago because of the rapid deterioration of my eye sight. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and skilled. His staff work very hard and are constantly running. At my follow up appointment today at 8 am (YES, before he goes back into surgery) he showed great joy at my progress. We are very lucky to have him and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

After waiting 3 months to see this Dr. I was not impressed! The staff was on my visit was helpful and efficient. The wait time was not too long to see Dr. Hopp, that's when things fell apart. He told me he could not see anything wrong, like I was imagining my condition! He offered no opinion of what might be wrong or if it could be corrected and was downright rude. Considering the origin of his last name, this did not surprise me. I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Dr Hopp is a brilliant specialist and has performed 3 procedures on my eyes, saving my sight. He is helpful, knowledgeable and professional. I trust him implicitly. His staff is amazing and are committed and dedicated to the patients as much as he is.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

The receptionist is beyond rude, wait times are standard at least 2 hours, there is no consideration of patient needs. Dr Hopp himself seems competent, but communication skills are poor - it takes multiple requests to get information about what treatment he is giving at any point.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

Doesn't take the time to review your file and recommendations previously made for surgery. Rude and dismissive. Very unprofessional. Maybe didn't realize that he might be dealing with human beings when studying in his chosen field. Totally inappropriate behaviours when dealing with seniors. Poor communicator and lazy in case reviews.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

To the point, kind of Dr., love it!!!! Will answer any questions you have. Very gentle and he is a much appreciated gentleman. You don't even feel the injections, whatsoever!!! I recommend him to everyone who has problems with their eyes. Staff is great, especially front desk, great sense of humour!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

Dictating environemnt , told me my eyes were type N , and that he could do nothing about it. Luckily I found soneone willing to put effort in and still have vision, I highly reccomend avoiding Dr.Hopp

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017