Ratings for Dr. Peter Hopp

Dr. Hopp prescribed the WRONG LENS! Dr. Ross implanted it, this wasn't his fault. In order to have it replaced I have to sign a consent form absolving them of any wrong doing. There is a 35 to 75% chance of making it worse or potentially blindness. As an artist and photographer this has ruined my life.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

he lasered my right eye did not give me anything to take swellingbdiwn. damaged retina. almost blinded me in that eye..i was told to live with it. nothing could be done...west cisst retina clinic gave my sight back

flag | Submitted December 2, 2018

Peofessional, e perienced and caring. Yes he’s busy and can be abrupt but the man is a genius. He gave me a hug after my last lens implant.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2018

dr hopp zapped my right eye in a circle which felt random i lost my sight in that eye..i would not recommend this dr to anyone... i was going blind. i went to west coast retina clinic and now i have sight back

flag | Submitted November 1, 2018

Reception and wait time were not long.. my problem is dr Hopp.. I found him lacking in communication skills.. very rude cutting me of during my explanation of how I tore my retina.. he found two tears but was only able to repair one as the second was in a difficult location to reach.. I endured the extremely bright examining light in my eye for what felt like an eternity but was likely not more than 10 or 15 min.. he attached a metal frame to my eye to keep it open after some time.. this stretched my eye open to the point I felt the outside corner was about tear..he appeared frustrated by my uncomfort and asking for a second to blink and recoup..eventually giving up on the second tear and dismissing me. During this he gave no words of comfort or explanation of the procedure ..I did feel he must be very overbooked and just does not have time for person behind the eye

flag | Submitted October 29, 2018

My appointment from start to finish was under 30 minutes. Well organized office staff had the preliminaries done quickly and Dr. Hopp was there within two minutes to see me and the results. Not always that way, he says. Sometimes there’s a wait.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2018

My local optometrist after discovering I had a tear in my retina recommended I see Dr. Hopp. He was able to fit me in the very same day -- considering how busy he is, this was very good news. Other than the receptionist who is very curt, I found the staff to be very good. Dr. Hopp wasn't very communicative but I have found very few specialist are. My optometrist sais that she considered Dr. Hopp to be the best in the interior.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

I realize everything all are saying but in his defence I was told by my own eye doctor that Dr. Hopp see's about 150 patients everyday and my eye dr. said he is over whelmed when he see's 25 patients. That works out about 18 minutes per patient in a 8 hour day and less if he see's more. The whole office is over worked and don't know how anybody can deal with 150 patients and even more in one day. If anybody is to blame it would be our medical system to put such an impossible work load on anybody. Who in their right mind would spend time talking to patients, he doesn't have time. We need more doctors here in Kamloops that can help out this poor over worked man. I'm sure if he only saw 20 patients he might spend more time being friendly to you. So next time you are not happy with him, think about his work load. INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

Dr Hopp just did a second interocular transplant on me yesterday. My first was 6 weeks ago because of the rapid deterioration of my eye sight. He is knowledgeable, compassionate and skilled. His staff work very hard and are constantly running. At my follow up appointment today at 8 am (YES, before he goes back into surgery) he showed great joy at my progress. We are very lucky to have him and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2018

After waiting 3 months to see this Dr. I was not impressed! The staff was on my visit was helpful and efficient. The wait time was not too long to see Dr. Hopp, that's when things fell apart. He told me he could not see anything wrong, like I was imagining my condition! He offered no opinion of what might be wrong or if it could be corrected and was downright rude. Considering the origin of his last name, this did not surprise me. I wouldn't recommend this Dr. to my worst enemy!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018