Ratings for Dr. Robert B. Franz

I went in because i have a very large painful bunion that needs to be removed. He asked me nothing about it and wouldn't let me explain anything about what was going on. He told me I didn't want to get surgery because if anything went wrong, I'd have pain the rest of my life. While both of his hands were incredibly; I knew then that he would not be doing surgery on me anyway. Then he asked me if I was religious and told me I need to pray for my bunion. When I went in again to get the orthotics he made, while I was sitting in the patient room waiting, I could see and hear him in the waiting room, reading a magazine article and discussing it with his assistants. While I sat and waited for 10 minutes. Dr. Franz is very unprofessional and I wouldn't recommend him to anyone. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

He also has an office in Arcata. The orthotics he made for me were so painful that I couldn't wear them. I saw another podiatrist and he said that they were so bad, I shouldn't wear them. His Arcata receptionist is also extremely rude and bad with the public. On one occasion I went to see him to have the orthotics adjusted and he wasn't available (which was fine, he'd had some sort of emergency) but his *receptionist* saw me and marked the orthotics so he could adjust them. When I picked them up, they looked very ragged and rough where they had been filed down. I was never able to wear them. I've since gotten a pair of orthotics from the new podiatrist and they are very comfortable, many problems are resolving themselves.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007

I went to see this guy because I was having pain in my heels. I was laying on the bed in one of the exam Rrooms. He didn't ask me what was wrong. He saw my shoes and said that's the problem. He said you need inserts. He poured some goop on my feet and made inserts. Next thing you know I get a bill in the mail for 500 bucks. I questioned the bill. He told me to come and see him. He promised me in front of my wife that he would credit my account $250. The insurance company paid him the other $250. Next thing you know he sends me to collections. Now he won't return phone calls, nor will his office staff deal with us. He is absolutely horrible, and I would not recommend him to anybody. BEWARE OF THIS GUY. HE'S DISHONEST AND WON'T THINK TWICE ABOUT LYING TO YOU!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2007

Dr. Robert B. Franz's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1966)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal