Ratings for Dr. Alvin Abaqueta

There have been several instances now where my husband has been "treated" but left with nothing- no help at all. The most recent was when my husband and I went in because he was VERY ill. All of his vitals were off. I honestly thought he would refer us to the hospital right away. Even after the nurse couldn't get a good read on his blood pressure, but knew it was low, he didn't recheck it. I requested for him to do so. He did NO physical exam. Didn't listen to his chest or stomach. Didn't do a physical to see where he hurt. All he said was to drink lots of water, and if he wasn't better in a day to go back to the hospital. I kept asking questions about how symptoms were playing in to the diagnosed condition, and he literally said at one point, "I don't know- probably just the pain in his stomach is making him winded and his oxygen level low." If someone's o2 sat is low and they are short of breath, I would think you'd at least take a listen to their chest. But he had to zoom out to the next patient. My husband has never been so sick in his life, couldn't even walk under his own power, had been incoherent for 2 days, fevers, chills body pain, all complications from food poisoning complicated by adrenal insufficiency, and this "Doctor" couldn't be bothered to even do a physical exam at all. I am so completely done with him. If you want a compassionate Doctor that actually is knowledgable and wants to genuinely help you achieve a better quality of life- take your money some place else. It seems all he wants to fool with is easy stuff- like a cold.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2016

ryextremly helpful great attitude he really listens and a verykind caring man. has never sent me to another dr. unless it's a specialist i would recomenend anyone to him. male or female any age

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

Rather rude, seems to have a superiority complex. Basically didn't want to spend the time answering questions, and just referred me to another MD.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Very caring Dr. Always been a great help to me and my husband. Knows just what to do each time we visit him. Spends the time to find out what's wrong and answer any questions we have.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2007

He is alright if you have a cold or cough otherwise you will just get referred out to someone else.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2007

Dr. Abaqueta is very friendly and good with adults and adolescents!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2007

Dr. Alvin Abaqueta's Credentials

• Fatima Coll Of Med, Valenzuela, Manila, Philippines (Grad. 1992)