Ratings for Dr. J.W. Lorimer

I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer that spread to my nodes. Dr. Lorimer performed my surgery that removed my right breast and lymph nodes and second surgery was needed for more lymph nodes after pathology reports. Dr. Lorimer is to the point and professional. His staff is also excellent and accommodating. I had already done three months of chemo and now I am off to radiation. Being a police officer for 28 years I have seen a lot of things. Dr. Lorimer and his staff are excellent and I would recommend him to anyone . I have he utmost confidence in him as I journey through my cancer experience.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr Lorimer performed my wife's mastectomy in 2008. my wife found her own lump and we were referred to him by our family doctor. at the consultation after an exam he stated it was nothing and see you in 6 months. I stated I font think so, my wife knows her own body and something is not right. after at first balking at our request performed the biopsy. after the biopsy results he called and and stated , you have breast cancer, are you surprised. who says that sort of thing? end result was my wife had very bad margins and they had to scrape her chest wall to get as much as they could. the cancer was already in her lymph nodes resulting in a battery of chemo and radiation treatments. she has been cancer free for 9 years under high risk watch for occurrence she has been on tamoxifen every since. I hate to think where we would be if we had listened to this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Patient, down to earth surgeon. He explains a lot and listens to questions and concerns of the patient. I was lucky to have my lumpectomy done by him. I can feel the high quality work when I see the range of movement I have in my left arm. Thank you

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

An excellent doctor and human being. Getting a diagnosis of TNBC and finding yourself in what feels like a whirlwind of appointments, consults, tests and more procedures (before you even get to the surgery table) is cause for some anxiety. Know this one thing, though, if you get Dr. Lorimer as your surgeon, you can immediately put your mind at rest if skill, knowledge and care are your priorities in your recovery. I'm grateful to Dr. Lorimer for his being able to see what I could not. He taught me much at a difficult time.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Kind, straightforward and patient. Thanks Dr J. Lorimer for the care, skilled surgery and follow-up he gave me during my gall bladder surgery.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Want to thank Dr J. Lorimer for the fantastic care and attention he gave me during and after my surgery. He was caring and experienced knew exactly what to do. His surgical Team were wonderful for a very nervous patient but they made me feel at ease and in the best of hands. Again Thank YOU...you are the best!!!! Mrs A:)

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Can't say enough about this arrogant, ignorant, rude, insensitive "doctor". His God complex is out of control. He left me suffering with an infection and took 8 weeks and 9 courses of 6 different antibiotics before I started going into septic shock and he finally had to operate. He left me with a colostomy for three years when he could have reattached everything in one surgery. Run away as fast as you can.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2016

Dr.Lorimor was rude and short. Going against the nurses and junior doctors (the people who actually take care of the patient) he said "You're not sick enough to be in a hospital." He also waited too long too operate causing the patient to have a much longer recovery. One of the nurses let the patients bags of fluid go dry. An air bubble was found in the bag. Lastly the rest of the staff (nurses and young doctors) were caring, so thank you to all of those staff!:)

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

Dr Lorimar operated on me 3 times and I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon! The first 2 times were for mascectomies. Dr. Lorimar would do want I wanted after another surgeon left me crying because he only wanted to do lumpectomies no matter what my wishes were. Dr. Lorimar was so patient and helpful even calling me at home. My 3 operation was an emergency surgery for a small bowel obstruction. I was in terrible pain and scared. Once I knew he was doing surgery I felt confident everything would be ok.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Lorimer was my surgeon for a sentinel lymph node biopsy and lumpectomy on April 1st this year. I felt at ease from the first time I met him and did not have any qualms about the operation. The surgery went wonderfully and he called me twice in the following weeks to give me the pathology reports and ask how I was. I felt very fortunate to have him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016