Ratings for Dr. Carla S. Wells

Dr Wells writes all of the positive reviews. Lol. A staff member disclosed this to me. She receives a lot of complaints but they make it go hush hush STAY AWAY FROM DR WELLS IRVINE DOCTORS OF WOMEN!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Wells was extremely competent, intelligent and meticulous. She doesn't spend a lot of time chatting but her bedside manner is professional and no nonsense. All of the medical personnel at the hospital showed a lot of respect towards her. I had more than one nurse say that Dr. Wells is known to be detail oriented and meticulous in her work. I had to have a C-section due to my son's heart rate dropping and she did an amazing job. My scar is barely noticeable, and my primary care doctor said it was one of the best c-sections she's ever seen. Dr. Wells also did my son's circumcision and it was also perfect. I highly recommend Dr. Wells. I didn't need a best friend in the hospital with me, rather I wanted a consumate professional and that is what I got from her.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

dr wells deliver 2 of my kids and shes really fast but shes a great doctor i wont change my ob/ gyn doctor

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. WElls. Granted, she does not have the best bedside manner, but if you take the time to loosen her up, she seems to get more comfortable with you and lightens up. I trust her completely with my life. She performed surgery on me, and when complications arose, she was smart enough to ask for help. I almost died in the surgery (through no fault of hers), and she was sooo shaken up, that I actually felt bad for her. She came in 2 times a day to check on me and also called every day while I was in the hospital to talk directly to me to see how I was doing. She is very knowledgable and up to date. I referred a friend to her, and we constantly talk about how much we love/trust her. I would recommend Dr. Wells to anyone. I have never had anything but great experiences with her.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Wells is a skilled insightful scientific MD. Very frank and to the point (not warm and fuzzy) but where it counts she is solid in her medical knowledge, keeps abreast of medical info/studies, always took the time to answer my questions- which coming from a pharmaceutical background - involved technical understanding - Wells answered my questions promptly, accurately and without hesitation. Bottom line- if you want a top medical doctor looking out for you, your babies and pregnancy- do not hesitate to work with Wells.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Perhaps people's comments have changed Dr. Wells' bedside manner because I experienced none of what has been described here. Dr. Wells was punctual, very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. She made suggestions to me without me posing the questions first. So, for those of you reading these comments, I recommend you give her the opportunity because I was very pleased with my experience.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2010

Dr Wells has helped me through two major problems and the last was last year when she found Cancer.I think she is great and wont give her up as my gynecologist. She turned me over to a great uncologist and a few months after treatment she called me at home to see how I was doing. If you like things all sugary she is not the Dr. to see. She is very busy and straight forward but she knows her stuff. It's like the old saying --"Different strokes for different folks".

flag | Submitted June 8, 2010

Very Rushed, Reads the charts and rushes out. I read other comments about how knowledgeable she is and how you just need to ask her stuff. She is a doctor and should cater to us women especially 1st timers. We do not know what questions to ask majority of the time. Just freaked out. She is horrible, does not take the time to even ask you how are you doing? She reads her chart and if you do not ask questions she leaves the room. Did not even know she was done. LOL... going to transfer to another Dr. She is taking on too many patients. She is knowledgeable but she is all about the money so it is no use when you are spread thin. We all know volume causes quality to go out the door. Doctors who care find a balance and has the patients best interest in mind...so whom ever defends any doctor that might be your situation but the underlying truth can not be discredited. Bottom Line Carla has no time for you, in and out, time is money, chop chop.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Doctor Wells is a fantastic doctor. She may seem rushed but if you ask her questions, she'll slow down and answer them. She's not rude, just businesslike. The staff at Doctors of Women does not compare with Doctor Wells. They are often rude, always late and frequently incompentent. I highly recommend Doctor Wells. I just wish she had a different office and staff.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. Carla S. Wells's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

AARP
Lumenos
MAMSI
MSP/BC Med
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Oxford
Secure Horizons

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wells writes all of the positive reviews. Lol. A staff member disclosed this to me. She receives a lot of complaints but they make it go hush hush STAY AWAY..."

November 18, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Carla" to "Carla S."

April 8, 2012