Ratings for Dr. Ramesh Gupta

A cardiologist is treating the most important organ in your body. You would think Canada's health care system would demand that someone in charge of your heart could: 1. SPEAK and UNDERSTAND ENGLISH ...2. have enough social skills to explain medication/tests/etc and deal sensitively with patients. Dr. Gupta belongs in a lab..with specimens...not with humans facing what could be a very scary life/death situation. Doctors Nova Scotia should haul this nimrod in for a competency review and suspend him until he graduates with an acceptable grade from a legitimate English-training course. No wonder our health care is free. Who'd pay for it with guys like this in the system? I'd rather self-diagnose with the help of the Internet...than deal with him.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

Dr. Gupta may have a somewhat abrupt manner but when I visited him for a second opinion he was very helpful and knowledgeable. In fact I have tranferred by care to him.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2009

He ordered a cardiac test and my Doctor could never obtain the results. I questioned being on a blood pressure pill. He met me at the hospital to do another stress test. He chatted with one of the staff all the time I was having the test. He more or less dismissed me as being OK. I asked him what about the pill. He didn't know what I was talking about. When I told him I had been fainting and I thought it might be from low blood pressure. He told me to stop taking it then. I knew enough to know you could not stop the medication at once but had to come of it slowly. Recently I was in the hospital overnight with atrial fibleration from 7 p.m. until I saw him at 10 a.m. the next day. Fortunately my heart stableized on its own by 8:20 a.m. before I saw Dr. Gupta. He came in and was very rude and said What are you doing here? It sounded like he had not looked at the records and saw how my heart was racing and skipping beats throughout the night. I have no confidence in Dr.Gupta

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Extremely intelligent doctor. If I was having another heart attack...I'd want him there. Some prior comments on this website are off base. This doc isn't your best friend...he's supposed to save your life...and he did.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

The worst Doctor I have ever been to. I have told my GP that I will never go back to him. Very Arogant and treats staff like servants.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2009

In my opinion, out of all doctors that I had ever encountered, Dr. Gupta takes the bottom of them all. His bedside manner was rude, unforgiving and he does not listen to what the patient says! I was not the only patient who has said this, in fact, of all people that I have come across who have had Dr. Gupta, I have not found even ONE person to have reported favourable feedback about him, from a patient's perspective. Perhaps he is an intelligent man as far as intellectual knowledge goes, but he sure could use a course in bed side manners with his doctor to patient conduct. He is a poor excuse of a doctor with his lack of mannerism toward patients, at least to patients he does not like, perhaps like myself.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

I was in the Cardiac Rehab program when the class began relating their experiences with their doctors. The first horror story was followed by another, and another, and another, until finally someone asked for the doctor's name. Guess who? My heart attack was made a thousand times worse because of my experience with Dr. Gupta. Avoid this doctor if you can.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

Extremely rude and big feeling. Treats you like you are a lower life form, especially if you are a smoker or ex smoker. I seen him hollering at a female patient in outpatients who was an ex smoker until she cried. In my case, I had a couple of questions for him before I went into surgery and he started to walk away. I asked again thinking he did not hear me at which he looked at me with a dirty look and then continued to walk away. I definately would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2007

I seen Dr Gupta in 2003 when I was having chest tightness. He sent me for a stress test. While on the treadmill he pointed out to myself and my husband that I needed heart pills immediately. Took these pills for 4 months, still no improvement. My family doctor sent me for a cardiac catherisation to find my heart was perfect, my problem is in my lungs. I developed asthma and a heart specialist couldn't tell this. Also, I agree, he wasn't the best at explaining things to you. If I see anyone and they say they are seeing Dr Gupta, I say PLEASE go see another doctor, do not let that man treat you.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2007

This dr is horrible h is rude, does not want to xplain anything or answer questions. this is scary if you have a heart problem and don't understand because your dr won't explain

flag | Submitted April 18, 2007